In search of some decent weather (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Got a week off work in July. Had planned to go to New Forest and Dorset but weather forecast doesn`t look that good so considering going over the water to France and Loire Valley appeals and should be within reach given I only have nine days and hopefully more settled.
Problem is, which bit of the Loire to head for ?
Looking at the map I wondered about Orleans to start then head west to Blois, Amboise, Tours.
Is that a nice section of Loire to head for or is there a better section ?
If it is to be a start at Orleans then which route, google maps suggests the A1 and A10 on the Paris ring road but I don`t fancy that, would Rouen, Evroux, Dreux, Chartres be a decent alternative ? Don`t mind paying tolls given the time limitations.

TIA

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
For Orleans, I'd certainly take your preferred route via Rouen etc - we've done it many times and it works well for us.

Orleans is also a decent bet for warmer weather.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi @Figaro
Just got back from there, did the trip the other way round , went via Yvetot to avoid Rouen ,then started near Nantes @ Oudon aire & worked our way up towards Orleans ,last aire neasr Loire was Lailly en Val,but we did have 16 days, we found some great aires on the way & only used 2 municipal c/sites, weather wasn't kind to us but we made the best of it. Loire was running very high due to all the rain that they have had.
A lot of places we wouldn't park on grass as very sodden.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
When we get to Rouen we keep to the east of the river down the D6015 to Pont-de-l'Arche, before joining the N154 heading south.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back