All the hard work done... I hope (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
2016 Hymer, Adria
Took delivery of a Hymer ML580 in Dortmund and had a very satisfying drive back to Calais through Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and a bit of France. We arrived early at Eurotunnel who with their customary efficiency offered us an early slot... then to Cobham where we rested for a few hours, before finishing the journey home.

VAT paid, Local Commercial MOT garage visited (Hadfield Motors, Glossop, really helpful) for speedo, reversing light and headlamp verification. Now just waiting for DVLA registration! Noted how knuckle and elbow scrapingly awkward the headlamp adjusters were to reach... otherwise problem free. I have to say the helpful advice here on MHF has been really useful.... thanks to all the helpful posters, especially the late Eddie of course. Planning a return to France for our first real trip just as soon as the registration is received. Can't wait! Note to self... must stop buying stuff!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
hello smiley.gif

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Sep 29, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
2016 Hymer, Adria
Well it is a clear 10 out of 10 to DVLA who turned round my registration application in a week and a day... excellent! I had feared it being the advertised 4 to 6 weeks....

The VCA were a bit picky about the letterhead of the garage I chose to use for the lights/speedo/foglight statement... it was just very plainly printed on plain paper like most businesses do today... but the VCA rejected it... I had to go to another garage with a slightly more fancy letterhead! It was still just printed out on plain paper mind.. just a large fancy font and bold... but they accepted it. Very strange rules.

Put the new plates on today... going for gas bottles ... then our first trip!
New Forest here we come.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Well it is a clear 10 out of 10 to DVLA who turned round my registration application in a week and a day... excellent! I had feared it being the advertised 4 to 6 weeks....

The VCA were a bit picky about the letterhead of the garage I chose to use for the lights/speedo/foglight statement... it was just very plainly printed on plain paper like most businesses do today... but the VCA rejected it... I had to go to another garage with a slightly more fancy letterhead! It was still just printed out on plain paper mind.. just a large fancy font and bold... but they accepted it. Very strange rules.

Put the new plates on today... going for gas bottles ... then our first trip!
New Forest here we come.
Fantastic, great planning to go away for the first time

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back