Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We are so excited....

This weekend our youngest daughter is getting married. How wonderful!!!

Next Saturday we pick up our brand new Van... Fantastic!!!

How lucky are we....best legal highs ever.

Now must sort out my speech..

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulatutions to your daughter. Have a wonderful time.

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
So the wedding was absolutely wonderful and I have never felt so proud as I walked my daughter down the aisle - a magical feeling.

Now tomorrow is the next best thing....we pick up our new van... Incredible, both I and the Beauty Terrorist are like silly excited kids...we leave very early in the morning to drive to Wales to pick it up, but I reckon there will be little or no sleep tonight.. :D:D:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Don't forget to write the speech for the wedding as well!!:)

Sorry, didn't read properly! Wedding already done, use the speech for the van, certainly be interesting!

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Isn't it nice when life throws us good times to enjoy, sounds as if your Daughter had a wonderful day, don't forget to tKe notes of the hand over of the van most of all enjoy it, look forward to some pictures.

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
So the wedding was absolutely wonderful and I have never felt so proud as I walked my daughter down the aisle - a magical feeling.

Now tomorrow is the next best thing....we pick up our new van... Incredible, both I and the Beauty Terrorist are like silly excited kids...we leave very early in the morning to drive to Wales to pick it up, but I reckon there will be little or no sleep tonight.. :D:D:D
Aaaaargh..........Typical!!
So just took a call from the dealer.. Doing final checks they found a problem with the Speedo on the van. Have sent it to the fiat garage and spare part will be available on Monday.... Grrrrrrr

Because of work committments, it means we have to wait till next Saturday before I can pick it up. :(:(:(

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
So only 2 more sleeps before we pick up the new van.... Whoopee......:D:D:D

We are just so excited!

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
So we finally picked up our new van this morning. A 5.00am start to drive from Oxford to Carmarthen (3A's Leisure). As we drove down the M4 the rain and mI st greeted us. We thought we would stop at some services once we had crossed the Severn Bridge.... 3 different services - no decent food , no coffee at one, too early for food at the 2nd and the third was bloody closed for redevelopment....eventually got some food and coffee and arrived at 9.00 in pouring rain ( we spent hours cleaning the outside of our van which was to be be part exchanged and when we arrived it was filthy...). Tea and coffee at 3A's and then we went to inspect our new toy.... Everything ready apparently.... Now the Beauty Terrorist has eyes like a Golden Eagle....so where is the small coffee table?, where is the handle for the awning? How come the large fridge only has 2 shelves..? Where is the carbon monoxide detector? The bathroom door is peeling at the bottom..... Now you have to understand that the Beauty Terrorist is the love of my life and a lovely lady, however, she is hard.... Hard as in can strike matches off her arse and not flinch.....So you do not argue if she is on a mission.. To be fair to the guys at 3A's, they did not try to fudge and after a little beachcoming found all the missing items and ordered a replacement bathroom door ( to be fitted in 6-8 weeks)

So we set off home and spent the afternoon putting back in all the stuff we took out of our original van. Not as easy as you think.... Different cupboards, locations etc.... Christ did that cause a debate..

However....all back in place and now spending the evening reading all the guff... Am trying to understand an Alde heating/hot water system and the main control panel. Think I need a beer..

But.. Are we happy? You bet your bottom dollar we are happy...cannot wait for our first trip away....
:D:):D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back