Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
3! Been boating for years. Now just bought an RV
I will have a little time on my hands once I get to Sicily next month and by the sounds of it I need to change the brake pads on my RV.

Has anyone tackled this job themselves (or even with assistance) on a chevy p30 chassis?
What special tools might be required etc?

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
I will have a little time on my hands once I get to Sicily next month and by the sounds of it I need to change the brake pads on my RV.

Has anyone tackled this job themselves (or even with assistance) on a chevy p30 chassis?

Yep. :thumb:
Reasonably easy job, depending on rust!:winky: Pads are held in place by one of two methods depending on year/model.
On my 96 Gulfstream (P30), they are held in place by a spring clip in a dovetail type joint at the rear of the caliper (thats "rear" as in front to back of the RV, not rear face of the caliper:winky:) It just neads carefully drifting out and the caliper will lift off giving access to the pads.

On my '99 Landau ( P32) they are held in place by two "Allen" key bolts through a retaining plate. Remove the bolts, lift the plate and use a pair of pliers / mole grips to pull the pads out.

At the risk of teaching granny how to suck eggs, make sure you give all the slideways a good clean and a good copper greasing, it makes a world of difference.:thumb:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp

:Cool: Yep. Been there and done that. Replaced ALL the Rotors and Pads. No special tools apart from WD40 and a BIG Hammer.

Delco brake pad and caliper assembly - 1987-95 models
Delco brake pad and caliper assembly - 1996-97 models with a GVW rating of 6100 to 9500 lbs.
Delco brake pad and caliper assembly - 1996-97 models with a minimum GVW rating of 10,000 lbs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back