Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Got done for speeding yesterday:Sad: 47 in a 40 zone.
No points on my present licence so no big deal.Question is this? I was caught on the welshpool road and on the ticket it says weshpool road.
Simple spelling mistake but how would this stand if i was to argue the case?
No such road in shrewsbury.
Anyone come across this?
Dave

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
when you get it, if you read the 'notice of intended prosecution' it says any minor mistakes will be ignored.

i had a miss-spelling of my address...(we have a clever posty..goes by the name 'sherlock') and i thought the same thing 'til i read through the form.

bugger innit! :Angry:

if you let it go to court it WILL increase to 6 points and double fine plus costs. beleive me !!!

Last edited:

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
47 in a 40 bad crack that doing you for 7 miles a hour christ todays roads and cars with engines as they are police must be laughing about it sorry to hear about your fine but i would take the fine but ask if there is a 1 day course up here you have a choice of a days driving course but you do it and no pionts are given out !! beter for the insurance.

good luck

carl

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
think carefully before venturing down thepath. i argued a speeding fine in dorset .it took 2 years. my argument was the sign was a non prescribed one. (red n white stripes around the 30 mph . i proved the sign was incorrect but it came up the street name on the legalalities when the speeding restriction was changed was wrong. it as taken a further two yearsfor authority to start paying back all the fines it took in ten years. only i,5 million quid. i had 3 trips to weymouth magestrates and 5 trips to dorchester crown court. i had to use a barrister in the crown court. i never payed any solicitors bills as i only used one as a means to get a barrister. all my expenses would have had to be on a sue for costs after i won. i never carried on its hard work. even standing in the magistrates and argueing the case myself was stressfull,be warned its very stressfull. if you need more google alan dawe speeding chideock. theres lots there to read. i am told more often than not authority makes mistakes with all fines its just finding the right one. cheers alan.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just do as i did David.....pay the fine, take the 3 points.

most insurance co's allow a couple of speeding (within reason) so it shouldnt affect your premium.

when you send your licence, send it recorded at least or for a fiver you can send it special delivery....gauranteed next day and signed for as well. seperate branch of the P.O. ...not regular mail.

which reminds me....its been nearly a week now and still no licence returned to me.
they obviously dont use the service.:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
Were you done with a hand held speeding camera? If you were ask to see the calibration certificate of the camera, not sure about this but I think it has to be calibrated every twenty four hours due the sensitivity of the camera. If you were done by a fixed speed camera under the road traffic act they have to notify you of intended prosecution within fourteen days of the offence taking place need more info on what happened?

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
just do as i did David.....pay the fine, take the 3 points.

most insurance co's allow a couple of speeding (within reason) so it shouldnt affect your premium.

In the case of SAGA they do. They wanted another £58 for each of my misdemeanors for each policy, so I've swapped insurance. They have now lost my motorhome and car insurance in the space of two days - almost £1000, but they don't seemed bothered.
:Eeek:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Were you done with a hand held speeding camera? If you were ask to see the calibration certificate of the camera, not sure about this but I think it has to be calibrated every twenty four hours due the sensitivity of the camera. If you were done by a fixed speed camera under the road traffic act they have to notify you of intended prosecution within fourteen days of the offence taking place need more info on what happened?

unfortunately the police are under no obligation, under road traffic act, to provide any camera details, including photos, unless you opt to go to court, then they must provide the details to you or your solicitor.

a no win really as you only have their word it was you and they only have the reg number to trace you...could be false plates on another car which could be proved if you could see the photos....but you cant.

they have to issue the FIRST 'you've been nicked' notice within 14 days but it goes to the recorded keeper who MUST state who was driving if it was not them.
then they have 28 days to return it.

then there is no time limit on sending the actual driver the notice.

after they receive that form back from the actual driver then it is 14 days max to send a 'notice of intended prosocution' (believe me, it'll be 3 days tops)
you then have 28 days to return the N.I.P or it goes to court and you lost the chance to pay.

says it all on the 'notice of intended prosecution' info sheet.

Last edited:

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
unfortunately the police are under no obligation, under road traffic act, to provide any camera details, including photos, unless you opt to go to court, then they must provide the details to you or your solicitor.

a no win really as you only have their word it was you and they only have the reg number to trace you...could be false plates on another car which could be proved if you could see the photos....but you cant.

they have to issue the FIRST 'you've been nicked' notice within 14 days but it goes to the recorded keeper who MUST state who was driving if it was not them.

then there is no time limit on sending the actual driver the notice.

after they receive that form back from the actual driver then it is 14 days max to send a 'notice of intended prosocution' (believe me, it'll be 3 days tops)
you then have 28 days to return the N.I.P or it goes to court and you lost the chance to pay.

says it all on the 'notice of intended prosecution' info sheet.
Papa is correct, about the police not providing info about the camera, but if you ask for this info on the day of the offence it has to be noted by the police officer issuing the speeding ticket, if you go to court to contest the speeding fine they have to produce the calibration cerificate! the camera's are in use everyday, police admin who would have to forward this info to court, they some times get confuded by dates. Evidence has to be produced on the day of the court hearing, mistakes are made and chances have to be taken? It is the choice of the person being charged with speeding

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Papa is correct, about the police not providing info about the camera, but if you ask for this info on the day of the offence it has to be noted by the police officer issuing the speeding ticket, if you go to court to contest the speeding fine they have to produce the calibration cerificate! the camera's are in use everyday, police admin who would have to forward this info to court, they some times get confuded by dates. Evidence has to be produced on the day of the court hearing, mistakes are made and chances have to be taken? It is the choice of the person being charged with speeding

i didnt know that but i was done by stealth.....speed enforcement initiative officers (plain clothed plod) hiding in the back of a tranny van with a camera at the rear window.:Angry: so didnt get the ticket for a few days.

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
i didnt know that but i was done by stealth.....speed enforcement initiative officers (plain clothed plod) hiding in the back of a tranny van with a camera at the rear window.:Angry: so didnt get the ticket for a few days.

Your innocent until proven guilty under British law, and your entitled to ask for info about the device that proven you guilty. Even those speed camera vans that hide around corners you entitled to ask to see the calibration certificate. What have you got to lose you still get the three points the only differential is the fine? We all gamble, but it is better to lose money, I’d rather take my chance in court and try and not get the three points, money doesn’t matter as it’s usually double the original fine, but the points on your licence DO

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there are lots on the web about getting off. i had help from the ex chief constable of humberside.was put with a solicitor who fights for the motorist. you have to say you want to defend yourself and request the photos etc .then when you get to court you have to put up with the lieing procecution solicetor and the lieing schemeing police. i had a letter from the secretary of state for transport saying the sign was not to be used and had no permission to be there. still i was found guilty .i then had to apeal (i got no fine but 3 endorsments .)after 5 trips to crown court i was found no case to answer . licence cleaned . but although i won i spec it cost me 700 quid in travel n days off work. was it worth it ? yes .still get people ringing me thanking me. wish they all put a quid in the post. ha ha. but as it left me a marked man .only time will tell. cheers alan.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Your innocent until proven guilty under British law, and your entitled to ask for info about the device that proven you guilty. Even those speed camera vans that hide around corners you entitled to ask to see the calibration certificate. What have you got to lose you still get the three points the only differential is the fine? We all gamble, but it is better to lose money, I’d rather take my chance in court and try and not get the three points, money doesn’t matter as it’s usually double the original fine, but the points on your licence DO

unfortunately thats not the case.....yes, the fine at least doubles but so do the points...increasing to 6 points for arguing.
add to that the court costs and victim surcharge of £15 and it all adds up to a lot of money better in my/our pocket

it also states that on the info sheet :Sad: and the way its stated sounds like that is whats going to happen anyway.

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
I argued my one ,done for going through a red light,blinded by sun going slowly,anyway cut a long story short argued it court lost 3 Points and a £300 :Eeek: choice is take the Fxed Penalty and points or Argue it,weigh up the chances of winning it:Eeek: end of the day its going to cost ££££,think about this if they load your Insurance by £50per year that £200 in 4yrs removed in 4th year ,what annoys me insurance companys ask within 5yrs,sorry but according to law and the Offenders act its deemd spent and no need to be told unless voluntary,hence after 4 years it removed ,mind you you think about it ok its dangerous to speed,but the sentence is longer than for a burglary!

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
yes you could argue it and yes you are likely to win.

There may be a weshpool road somewhere else too and worth checking out

Andy - V8 Diesel

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
MH
30ft 5th wheel
Here you go Dealing with police and standing in court.

Don't ever pay a fine again (unless harm or injury has been caused Common Law)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkVe2-3eZ34]YouTube - TheAntiTerrorist on Dealing with the Police- Addendum-Part 1[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBK_gQgB1p8]YouTube - TheAntiTerrorist on Dealing with the Police- Addendum-Part 2[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ZEBq66gzg]YouTube - TheAntiterrorist on 'Standing' in Court part 1[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf5ZrUVL0gU]YouTube - TheAntiterrorist on 'Standing' in Court part 2[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTpnL48Beqk]YouTube - TheAntiterrorist on 'Standing' in Court part 3[/ame]

All tested and proven facts see www.tpuc.org | News for positive people

Or like i said be a good slave and payup.:Eeek:

love and peace;
;;
;
;

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
We went away on Bank holiday weekend and on our return was a notice-talk about quick of the mark. I was done for 36 in a 30 zone. This was on a country road. I am so annoyed with myself also 1 MPH above ACPO guidelines-ah well just pay up the Chief CON obviously needs to renew his golf club membership,perhaps I should ask if I can pay it directly to the club or lodge by bank transfer:ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
What I think it comes down to is do you believe you were driving within the speed limit (and, therefore, innocent) or driving at 47 Mph (and, therefore, guilty)?

If you truly believe it is the former then fight it. If, however, you believe it is the latter then the correct thing to do is admit you made a mistake and take the consequences. We all make mistakes from time to time and we have to face up to that fact.

As for all that rubbish that TPUC keep spouting, if nobody faced up to their responsibilities in this country we would be in an even worse state than we are now.

Graham

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, I was done at 5am on a sunday morning, on an errand of mercy taking someone to the hospital - 6 miles away.
Van (illegally) parked up on grass verge with camera inside. 36 in a 30 limit. :Blush:

Just paid the fine and took the points - under driving laws, you are guilty until proven innocent I'm afraid.And if you argue the case and loose, they will up the penalty -

Ask yourself, are you feeling lucky? :ROFLMAO:

S.

PS - told insurance, they said that most people have 3 points! no loading.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Am I the only person who feels that the solution is not to exceed the speed limit in the first place? I am not saying I have always kept to the limit (I got stopped on the M23 for doing 96mph a good few years ago now).
How many of us go to France and stick to the limits there in case there is a Gendarme hiding in the bushes waiting to pounce?
The limits are there for a reason and if we break them we should expect to pay the consequences, not look for ways to get away with it.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
I was in the persistant ...cheat the limit a bit ...brigade until I saw the difference in the mortality rates of kids hit by cars doing 30mph , and those hit by cars doing 40mph

slowed me down...much more careful now

on the other hand 70mph in a car on the motorway ? ridiculous ...I hasten to add I am always in the motorhome trundling along at 55/60

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
think the problem is mainly you have kept that Clean licence,been good and now there is going to be a black mark on it,and even though no matter what many will say,you want to keep it clean,well thats how i felt,annoyed frustrated etc,end of the day unless you can either have a very good Solicitor who could fight the case or you can make a very good proof of why ,then i am afraid that piece of paper is going to get it......

Now the bad news they even issue and point it at the Magistrates Court and put the points on there

And no matter what anyone puts here we do all now and again go over the limit,we watch it as best possible,unfortunatley at that particular time we get caught[some of us],ok its never going to be like way back,probably got a ticking off and let go,mind you country cops were the best , one let me off for doing 100mph in a 60 limit,and this is not a porky its true

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Dave
You have a clean license, You were speeding, you have been driving for years without ever being caught.

Take it on the chin pay up and dont worry about it. It won't effect your insurance and if it does move your insurance.

I picked up 3 points for doing 33 in a 30 in wales, you have to live with these things.

On the other hand, if you want to become obsessed with it like some seem to be then fight it, It will end up costing you a lot more than the £60 and as you say you were speeding. Occupational hazzard for those who drive a lot.

3 years and you will be clean again. :thumb:

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Cant say the points and fine bother me that much,at the end of the day i probably speed on a daily basis.
I just had to ask about the spelling mistake because in a criminal court things like that can and do get the case dismissed.
What does bother me is the fact i wil now have to have one of those new id licences instead of my paper one,or do they still do the paper ones?
Dave

Andy - V8 Diesel

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
MH
30ft 5th wheel
What I think it comes down to is do you believe you were driving within the speed limit (and, therefore, innocent) or driving at 47 Mph (and, therefore, guilty)?

If you truly believe it is the former then fight it. If, however, you believe it is the latter then the correct thing to do is admit you made a mistake and take the consequences. We all make mistakes from time to time and we have to face up to that fact.

As for all that rubbish that TPUC keep spouting, if nobody faced up to their responsibilities in this country we would be in an even worse state than we are now.

Graham

Sticking up for the LAW of the land Common Law is not rubbish.(If it was why are people winning on this front over at the www.tpuc.org and wont see it in the paper as they dont want the other slave to know:Eeek:) Statue Law is for consent of the Governed look it up in Black Law Dictionary. You know Law Dictionary's why do they have them O YEAH that right So they can con you in court you say one word and means a different thing in the LAW dictionary:Eeek:

As for the country in a state people should take responsibility for there own actions.(Cause no harm,Injury or loss to another human Common Law) It would be a shame to deprive the the government of all there spending money what would they do in the week or weekend. WORK for once:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

love and peace.

Last edited:

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
you do the crime you do the time.take it on the chin and get on with life:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back