Beam deflectors (2 Viewers)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
IMO no, but we don't drive at night, I am slightly mindful of police cash requests and although a useless defence when did you ever see a foreign vehicle over here with beam benders fitted

Choice or gamble I guess, but never actually heard anybody being fined without

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Same as David we have never used them as don't tend to drive at night, although I do have a set in the van so if I do get stopped I can show them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's one of the few rules I do comply with ( or rather my wife complies with). We just leave them on all the time now.

My brother had quite a bad rta in France a few years back and he didn't have beam deflectors and the police didn't say anything ( although the crash was in the daytime)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Have a read of your manual. You may find that you can adjust the headlights by moving a lever on each of them to flat dip, so will not need deflectors. That is what we can do with our Hymer.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
For those without automatic or manual adjustments for driving on the right, please use beam deflectors when driving at night. Dazzling an oncoming driver for the sake of a few quid and 5 mins isn't good.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I put them on and the high viz jackets on the back of the seats plus the full GB sticker. My philosophy being that if the police see you with all that displayed they are slightly more likely to consider you are complying with all the motoring laws and are less likely to be a good nick ;) Many EU border crossings are being actively patrolled by police now, they even had a portable vehicle weighing machine at the rather rural border post between northern Sweden and Finland.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I put them on and the high viz jackets on the back of the seats plus the full GB sticker. My philosophy being that if the police see you with all that displayed they are slightly more likely to consider you are complying with all the motoring laws and are less likely to be a good nick ;) Many EU border crossings are being actively patrolled by police now, they even had a portable vehicle weighing machine at the rather rural border post between northern Sweden and Finland.
Or on the other hand you have something to hide...... 5 years in the RUC before Military service teaches you not to trust everything you see ;)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Or on the other hand you have something to hide...... 5 years in the RUC teaches you not to trust everything you see ;)
Yeah........my cheap Lidl 8% beer from Denmark (y) According to my reading you have to go to a special government offy here to get that good stuff!

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
2230717-1acaptain_kirk.jpg

"Beam deflectors? I'm never without them."

?

Deleted User
For those without automatic or manual adjustments for driving on the right, please use beam deflectors when driving at night. Dazzling an oncoming driver for the sake of a few quid and 5 mins isn't good.
doh.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back