Autotrail / Naviman software help. (1 Viewer)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
2012 Autotrail with one of the not liked 12 ELE 2000 head end units fitted. Supplied by Armour Automotive to Autotrail and uses Navman..

Out the blue the sat nav started to say "no path". Seems the SD card with the software has failed..
Shows nothing when inside the satnav and cannot be read by a PC.

Les Evans are the repair company for these and David Evans has already come back and informed me he has no spare cards and that Armour have none either...
So I contacted Navman and they seem a waste of time saying it's a hardware problem and so not their's... No offer of help at all..

So Funster sat nav experts.. Any way to get some software onto an SD card and get me satnav working again.. A quick search of the internet points me in all sorts of directions and most likely dodgy websites full of virus etc...

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
@tonka - not that I'm aware of :-(
I have a newer version of IGo 8 that I can 'almost' get working but just with UK map. The unit cannot read SD cards of more than 2Gb capacity. If you want you can have a play and see if you can work out how to get it really working....

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Just a thought - have you ever used the Naviman software and taken a backup of the card? I just wonder if it would restore OK to another 2Gb card?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
I think most sat navs SD cards would need a bit code writing in a word document then the file extension changed to .txt to allow the sat nav to read the SD card. You might want to go to one of the sat nav forums and seek help with what this code is but your information that was on the card they cant restore. They will tell you you can run the whole iGO8 program and maps from an SD card. This is what i did on a Binatone sat nav as the software that it came with was rubbish. Anyway, good forum for help whether you want hooky software or just general help

http://www.gpspower.net/

And anothr what is not so busy

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/forum.php

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thinking outside the box
I've got a Chinese sat nav that I bought in case my Garmin failed - I've never used it and it's still in the box
If you need to borrow a sat nav I'm happy to lend you mine for as long as you need it

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just a thought - have you ever used the Naviman software and taken a backup of the card? I just wonder if it would restore OK to another 2Gb card?

No.. Never did a back up.. I dont use it often but typical it fails just as i am thinking of selling the van.

I think most sat navs SD cards would need a bit code writing in a word document then the file extension changed to .txt to allow the sat nav to read the SD card. You might want to go to one of the sat nav forums and seek help with what this code is but your information that was on the card they cant restore. They will tell you you can run the whole iGO8 program and maps from an SD card. This is what i did on a Binatone sat nav as the software that it came with was rubbish. Anyway, good forum for help whether you want hooky software or just general help

http://www.gpspower.net/

And anothr what is not so busy

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/forum.php

Cheers I will look them up but me and Sat navs never get on.. There might be a big hammer involved.. LOL :)

Thinking outside the box
I've got a Chinese sat nav that I bought in case my Garmin failed - I've never used it and it's still in the box
If you need to borrow a sat nav I'm happy to lend you mine for as long as you need it

Thanks.. I have a Tom Tom that i prefer to use as the built in one was never good. However as stated above, thinking of selling van so would be better if the sat nav did actually work..

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have had three different Binatone sat navs. All work well for the money but crap software ( i.e basic) but they are cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...binatone+.TRS0&_nkw=binatone+sat+nav&_sacat=0

Great for a spare or as mentioned running iGO8 or iGO primo from the SD card. BTW you can run Tom Tom and Garmin from SD cards also but never looked into it as i was happy with iGO.

I just had a quick look at the forums.. :whistle: Think technology is passing me by... All went straight over my head !
Never got on with Sat nav's apart from the occasional free updates they offer...

?

Deleted User
I just had a quick look at the forums.. :whistle: Think technology is passing me by... All went straight over my head !
Never got on with Sat nav's apart from the occasional free updates they offer...

If you are not one that puts your van size in and just uses a sat nav for A to B why not download the free ones for android. I presume you have a mobile phone. I recommend Mapfactors navigator as the maps are very well up to date. They were shown my local Aldi before it was built < Not exaggerating.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mapfactor.navigator&hl=en_GB

Close 2nd is Navmii

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navfree.android.OSM.ALL&hl=en_GB

You may need lots of spare room for the maps in the phone but you can run that from the SD card so all you need is a larger card. I am sure both do apple phone versions but unsure about windows phones.

Oh and they both also have free world maps (y)

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you are not one that puts your van size in and just uses a sat nav for A to B why not download the free ones for android. I presume you have a mobile phone. I recommend Mapfactors navigator as the maps are very well up to date. They were shown my local Aldi before it was built < Not exaggerating.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mapfactor.navigator&hl=en_GB

Close 2nd is Navmii

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navfree.android.OSM.ALL&hl=en_GB

You may need lots of spare room for the maps in the phone but you can run that from the SD card so all you need is a larger card. I am sure both do apple phone versions but unsure about windows phones.

Oh and they both also have free world maps (y)

Thanks on info... It's not a case of having something to use.. I have a Tom Tom, tablet and phone apps.
It's just that the head end in the van has sat nav built in, thinking of selling the van and it will be a plus if it was working rather than having to tell any future buyer that it's not... Dont think it would loose me a sale but would obviously be better if the multimedia system was fully working... Just tried the SD card in the PC again and still fails to read it. :(

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Maybe you could find a Funster with the same system
Borrow their SD card and make a copy

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
@tonka - this doesn't help you but I thought I'd try an experiment to see if restoring a Naviextas backup to a different SD card would work. The short answer is that it doesn't!
Using the Naviextras Toolbox the restore to a different 2Gb SD card works fine but the load of the software on the 12ELE2000 does not complete properly and reverts to the 'select path' screen. Hence I conclude that the only way to get the device to work is to use the SD card supplied with the unit - so, given that replacements are no longer available, if that SD card fails then you're completely stuffed!
Suggest you either replace the unit with a cheap Chinese one or sell the MH without a functioning satnav :-(
Bill
P.S. I did 'discover' one thing I didn't know and that there is a reset button to the right of the power button (it's the sort you need to press in with a biro). Yes, I've now found this in the documentation but real men don't read manuals!

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
@tonka - this doesn't help you but I thought I'd try an experiment to see if restoring a Naviextas backup to a different SD card would work. The short answer is that it doesn't!
Using the Naviextras Toolbox the restore to a different 2Gb SD card works fine but the load of the software on the 12ELE2000 does not complete properly and reverts to the 'select path' screen. Hence I conclude that the only way to get the device to work is to use the SD card supplied with the unit - so, given that replacements are no longer available, if that SD card fails then you're completely stuffed!
Suggest you either replace the unit with a cheap Chinese one or sell the MH without a functioning satnav :-(
Bill
P.S. I did 'discover' one thing I didn't know and that there is a reset button to the right of the power button (it's the sort you need to press in with a biro). Yes, I've now found this in the documentation but real men don't read manuals!

Cheers on all that...
I have tried the reset, kissed the radio, stroked the SD card etc...
Even gave Navman a very poor feedback score when they sent me a feedback back form..
No sat nav wont stop the sale but so annoying, those systems have been crap since day one.

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
seeing a decent satnav myself all the one I look at and read the reviews TOM/Garmin etc all have some sort of problem, speak to the retailer and they say they are the best in the world LOL. buggers would sell you a plate of horsecrap and say was edible, :D

?

Deleted User
Why not buy that UK card but........

You use your other sat nav and when it comes to selling you just show it working and tell them its UK only but you think you can update maps to Europe. Obviously this may not work if selling to someone on this forum now :D

?

Deleted User
Bill

Sorry if this is telling you how to suck eggs but any chance the problem is down to format? Would the sat nav not want FAT32 and your formatting to NTFS?

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
@Notakwak - I hear what you say but that's not the problem here. The device can read the card and it is formatted as FAT. I'm fairly sure that it's to do with the security on the software - even the support agent says he cannot provide a replacement SD card for these devices! So if they carry on working then fine - but if they fail it's strongly suggested that it's time to put it in the bin - or just ignore the problem and use another Satnav!

?

Deleted User
@Notakwak - I hear what you say but that's not the problem here. The device can read the card and it is formatted as FAT. I'm fairly sure that it's to do with the security on the software - even the support agent says he cannot provide a replacement SD card for these devices! So if they carry on working then fine - but if they fail it's strongly suggested that it's time to put it in the bin - or just ignore the problem and use another Satnav!

OK was just a thought. I would not bin though as i think i said one of the iGO software's will run from the SD card. Its just a case of finding the bit code needed to get it to run but im sure they could help with this on the sat nav forums.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Chased Navman with a second email BUT they just coming back and pointing any issue back to the supplier Armour..

"I would like to assure you that your license is locked to the SD card of the navigation device and not to the navigation device itself. That means it only work with the original SD card. Should that card be damaged in any way, it has to be replaced with an other original one. I would like to inform you that this can only be done by the supplier,"

Email to Armour.. Lets see what they say BUT David at Les Evans has already told me they have no stock.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Ah sorry @tonka i misunderstood you. Try ebay as look, cheap as chips for UK card.

Is that a Fiat you drive? I thought they ran from built in software connect nav i think its called. You looked at the fiat forum for help?

http://www.fiatforum.com/satellite-navigation/

It is a Fiat but at the time 2012 Autotrail were fitting these ELE unbranded media systems supplied via a company called Armour Auto..... Later 2015 vans etc have a Fiat supplied system..

Ref the Link on ebay.. Good idea, do you think it will just go in a work ??..
Either way, might be worth a shot for a few quid.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
@tonka - if this is correct then surely a disk clone of a working SD card should do the trick shouldn't it?
Just looking at how to do this but I keep finding comments like 'backup your SD card first in case of corruption...." and I'm not sure I want to risk damaging a card that cannot be replaced!

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
@tonka - if this is correct then surely a disk clone of a working SD card should do the trick shouldn't it?

No idea... I am not sure about all this license business..
Give me a Satellite Tv system anyday but sat nav have never been my thing..

?

Deleted User
I know i keep harping on about iGO software @tonka but another option is.... Somehow you must be able to get into the file structure of that unit. It may be a combination of buttons when you switch it on but what i also managed to do was scrub the software from an old binatone unit and install iGO8 onto its ROM. iGO is easy to work with and manipulate, this will be why its installed on so many hooky units from China. If the thought of even looking into how to do this gives you cold sweats then just go for the UK SD card option.
:D

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have bought an SD card as per your link @Notakwak .. £3.25 UK only..
Will do a post when it's arrived and tried in the sat nav. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back