Parking overnight at Dunkirk ferry terminal ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Is still possible to stop overnight at the ferry terminal car park ?

We disembark at 10pm and had planned on Gravelines aire, but it may be full.. so thought that just staying at the port would be easier..

If so, how to you get access to the parking when you come off the ferry..

Anyone have up date information ?

tia

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Bergues is only a short drive from the Ferry (15 minutes - about 7 miles). We have stayed there often (just parking - no services). It is near the football fields, just outside the town ramparts. I was going to say drive in carefully as the road is a mass of potholes, but it appears that the Mairie has had it all fixed. Looking at Google Maps, it is not easy to see what they have done and the aerial photo appears to show more football pitches, but the town website lists the aire as current and on CC-Infos there are some very recent comments praising the community for an excellent refurbishment.
It is in the middle of the G-Maps link and the Bergues Mairie website gives latest info.
https://goo.gl/maps/u6UZ7R4Q5sA2
http://www.bergues.fr/index.php/decouvrir/tourisme-et-patrimoine/camping-car

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have you considered the Aire at Dunkirk?
Rated 6.3 on Campercontact

image.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
firebrand campervan
Exp
stayed at Bergues April 2016 easy to get to at 3,00 a.m. great, quiet and good walks easy access

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@scotjimland Jim I seem to remember reading or hearing somewhere that Gravelines has been expanded with the grass area next to the aire now being used for MH parking as well.

If that's the case I doubt it will be full up.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
@scotjimland Jim I seem to remember reading or hearing somewhere that Gravelines has been expanded with the grass area next to the aire now being used for MH parking as well.

If that's the case I doubt it will be full up.

yes.. I read that .. but was thinking it may not be very good with all the rain recently..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back