Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Which is better;
Being in a loyalty scheme with a big outfit like Enterprise who have hundreds of locations across Europe, or using smaller local companies wherever you happen to be?
I don't just mean cheaper, but also ease of use.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We have always used Rentalcars.com found the cheapest then checked on the companies own site to compare price .

Reactions: GBS
?

Deleted User
If you still have it take your paper part of the licence. There is talk of some people having bother getting a car as they cant tell if you are banned or not with the totting up system. There is a DVLA number they can call to check so best look into that side of things also.

Saying that this was last year and the problem may very well be sorted now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Buy an annual insurance excess policy costs about £40 (see moneymarket . com) This will save you a fortune as you can refuse the sky high charges the car hire companies want . Check out sites like (Hispacar & Doyouspain) for special deals in spain

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Avoiding car hire depots at airports can save premium hire car charges necessary to recover the very high rental charges on the car hire companies by the airports. I have also found when visiting Canada that pre-booked and paid for car hire at home got me a better deal than from when arriving in Canada. That said if you can hire locally rather than at the airport you will get a better deal!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
We hired from europecar at Llorret del mar back in March, as it was Easter (good friday) it cost us €94 that included all insurance etc, we had no problems,
Dropped car off in evening put keys thru letterbox.

Eric

OP
OP
Candapack

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
If you still have it take your paper part of the licence. There is talk of some people having bother getting a car as they cant tell if you are banned or not with the totting up system. There is a DVLA number they can call to check so best look into that side of things also.

Saying that this was last year and the problem may very well be sorted now.
Well minded. I wonder if a Brexit would have any effect on this?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back