potential newbies (1 Viewer)

tony645

Free Member
Sep 25, 2009
Funster No
hi to all on the forum, suppose we`re doing the same as a lot of people and thinking of buying a mh to do a european tour for early retirement, I`ve been considering a burstner 747-2 any opinions on these? I know there`s only going to be me and her indoors but we do like something with a bit of space and i`ll need something capable of carrying my motorbike which i just can`t live without and will give us transport when we`re parked up. I`ve looked at other tag axle mh`s too, they seem to be the best value for money second hand as they seem to depreciate quicker in the first 3/4 years than smaller mh`s. ANY INPUT FROM MEMBERS MUCH APPRECIATED. cheers
ps. we live nw england

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hi to all on the forum, suppose we`re doing the same as a lot of people and thinking of buying a mh to do a european tour for early retirement, I`ve been considering a burstner 747-2 any opinions on these? I know there`s only going to be me and her indoors but we do like something with a bit of space and i`ll need something capable of carrying my motorbike which i just can`t live without and will give us transport when we`re parked up. I`ve looked at other tag axle mh`s too, they seem to be the best value for money second hand as they seem to depreciate quicker in the first 3/4 years than smaller mh`s. ANY INPUT FROM MEMBERS MUCH APPRECIATED. cheers
ps. we live nw england

You have an excellent plan.

Do it.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
most people i hve met with tag axles wish they had not bought them .bit more difficult on tight bendy roads. tendancy to scuff tyres (i do the same)also dont like the front wheel drive. lots now going for the iveco daily based campers .keep on talking with as many owners as you can. you dont want to buy the wrong camper it can be expensive. if you are thinking of long haul /time you do need at least a 5ton vehicle. i think more is best . have fun looking dont rush. see you on the road to nowhere. cheers alan.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
most people i hve met with tag axles wish they had not bought them.

Don't listen to him.

We were very jealous of the room inside a 747 that came with us to southern Morocco this year. Add to this the build quality of the interior. This was driven by a relatively young couple, bearing in mind the average age was 102.5.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back