Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Hi, We are returning from Santander at the end of October after taking our German Sheperd with us to France & Spain. We need to attend a vet at Santander on a Sunday. Does anyone know of any Aires in Santander?
Help appreciated
Griffs:Smile:

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi, We are returning from Santander at the end of October after taking our German Sheperd with us to France & Spain. We need to attend a vet at Santander on a Sunday. Does anyone know of any Aires in Santander?
Help appreciated
Griffs:Smile:

Hi

Just looking at All Aires Spain & Portugal does not show one for Santander but one at Laredo that looks the nearest

N43 20.694 W003 44.463

Directions: Paseo de Velasco. Turn off the N634 sp 'Lierganes' Follow road to the village.

Hope it helps.

Ant&Debs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi griffs. cant help with santander but i use a vet at SAN VICENTO DE LA BARQUERA ITS ABIT AWAY FROM SANTANDER BUT THERE IS LOTS OF FREE PARKING JUST OUT OF TOWN ON THE COAST ROAD AND ON THE BEACH. i have used them for about 6 years they speak english the lady vet as a boyfriend from yorkshire. not open on sundays tel 942-712147. very friendly . tell them alan and blacky sent you. hope its of use. on the way to santander there is a place in torrelavega where all the super markets are good for last minute shopping. difficult to find lidl in santander here there are all of them next to one another. have fun alan.

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
It's not like the country does not need tourist money.

Did you dare park up ?

No went to try and told not to park and hows this i have got Spanish reg so its the same for all motor homes bloody cheek:Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
No went to try and told not to park and hows this i have got Spanish reg so its the same for all motor homes bloody cheek:Angry:

What on earth have MHers ever done to deserve this treatment ?

My attitude, spend money elsewhere. I really can't get to love Spain, pity they have the best winter weather, but blow it, I'll just have to learn to live with the cold.

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
We were there 3 weeks ago not very friendly i must say:Sad:

Some thing i have to look in to, today my friend the local policeman was saying some thing about the fluorescent jackets we have to carry now its one for every seat in the car or van.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there are places to park if you look aroundbut there is so many campers trying. best park along the coast lots of nice places. if coming from the south there is a big shell station with a big truck stop ok for a night. i like cantarbria and asturias its the best place in spain but can be a little cool in winter. helps if you have mates in the basc movement as well. put a cornwall sticker or breton /scottish /welsh they love it. up the separatives .

OP
OP
Griffs

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Aire Santander

Hi

Just looking at All Aires Spain & Portugal does not show one for Santander but one at Laredo that looks the nearest

N43 20.694 W003 44.463

Directions: Paseo de Velasco. Turn off the N634 sp 'Lierganes' Follow road to the village.

Hope it helps.

Ant&Debs
Thank you Ant & Deb just starting to read the replies to this thread, of which I must say we're grateful for all. It looks like this area is not conducive to staying at; we've travelled from there before but never been in a position in having to stay in the area. We're awaiting a copy of Aires Spain & Portugal but if we will feel unwelcome we'll probably try & stay a bit outside & just travel to the vet when we need to. :Sad:Griffs

OP
OP
Griffs

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Aires in Santander

there are places to park if you look aroundbut there is so many campers trying. best park along the coast lots of nice places. if coming from the south there is a big shell station with a big truck stop ok for a night. i like cantarbria and asturias its the best place in spain but can be a little cool in winter. helps if you have mates in the basc movement as well. put a cornwall sticker or breton /scottish /welsh they love it. up the separatives .

Thanks Vwalan, knew we could rely on Motorhome Fun for plenty of info. We were slightly in panic mode when we realised that due to catching the ferry on a Monday we had somewhat limited ourselves with regards to Vets. We were going to go for the option of trying to find one outside Santander on a Saturday but the 24 - 48 hrs margin is very tight, so, as this is our first time taking the great big mutt away with us, we've used the services of Dogs Away who have organised a vet in Santander (wish we'd made this enquiry earlier as he's not the most portable of creatures, but we live & learn!) But we are very grateful for all the help with the replies, we can see it being a long dog walk into Santander on the Sunday but, he ho, hope that tires him out for 24 hours on the ferry next day. :Smile:Griffs

OP
OP
Griffs

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Aires in Santander

Do check on parking first, you may get towed away if you have to park on the road.
Thank you for forewarning us re parking, it put's Motorhome users in an impossible situation re using any facilities in Santander :Sad: Griffs

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
one for every passenger in France 1 triangle in spain you need 2 triangles both spare bulbs and a fire extinguisher:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi griffs .some vets will make the dates correct . its all a load of tosh really. it is possible to park no problem in santander . i park aong the sea front from the port by the maritme museum. very often stay the night there only been asked to move once. dont forget to download the information from momo it gives you something to show the police .i used it last year with some success. like i said i use a vet along the coast lots free parking there. have fun.santander is a nice town. i once spent a week parked on the seafront over xmas n newyear.lots of interesting places there. cheers alan.

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Aires in Spain

Unfortunately aires in Spain are few so I would suggest camp sites at about 12E per night. We spend a lot of time in Spain and we tend to make for campsites. We are in Spain now, below Tarragonna, where it is very hot and blue skies, just to cheer you all up.
Ron W

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back