Dealer comes up trumps. I cant believe it (1 Viewer)

Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
8months ago I purchased a new van from Elite Motorhomes of Banbury. Not their fault but this one has been plagued with quite serious faults, I have had running battles with the manufacturer (british) with some success. Elite however have slowly, cheerfully and competently worked there way through them. I have never lost my rag with them however frustrating the van has been. And today collecting my van with the final problem fixed, though wondering what was next. They said to me that don't like unhappy customers and as I had genuinely had more than my fair share. I still don't believe it !!!!!! they with some support from the Manufacturer are prepared to give me a totally new 2016 van, same make, same model at no financial disadvantage to myself, So in 2/3 weeks time I pick up my new van and they will change over my towbar FOC as well, as they cant run to a new one. Please wake me up, I just cant believe it. Who says being polite and reasonable doesn't pay. The Dealer is ELITE MOTORHOMES , MIDDLETON CHEYNEY. Banbury.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Great to hear!(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I collected my new Carthago from Elite on Tuesday, and I have to say I found them to be pleasant, helpful and very much customer orientated in an old fashioned kind of way. A very nice experience, and unlike my last purchase (from a different dealer) in nearly every way possible. I got the distinct impression that they actually valued my custom!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
are prepared to give me a totally new 2016 van, same make, same model at no financial disadvantage

I can't get my head round that. Your van is sorted to your satisfaction yet they are going to give you a new one. It just does not add up.

OP
OP
Humsafer
Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
I said sorted, I didn't say I was satisfied, and with my record there will be more down the road. But still cant believe it. Mind you the wifes comment was, "we don't have to go through all those problems again do we" As far as Elite are concerned on the original purchase I echo what Bob The Bass said. You need to drive a little further south than Newark

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Nice as long as the cycle of repairs doesn't repeat :Eeek:

Lightning doesn't strike twice......................

Oh yes it does.

You are dead right, taking the offer does mean taking the risk. At least he know what faults to looks for now.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I think I'd prefer to keep the van that is fixed but be compensated for all the time and diesel in the process.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
So pleased you have a good result.

I am sure your new van will be spot on and give you NO problems.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Sounds like a good deal from a good dealer.
Good luck with the new van (y)(y)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I bought my first van new from Elite and had a fair few issues with it.

They were great and sorted them out and did work over and above what would have been in the warranty period.

I would definitely recommend them. (y)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That's good service , I know they seem good as they have several open week-ends giving free camping/food and entertainment at a local campsite.

bluemog

Free Member
Feb 11, 2012
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
3 years
Bought our Chausson brand new from Elite in 2014 and they have given me excellent service. Due to the distance concerned, when I've needed small items i.e. a bit of trim, broken rear lense and plastic inserts they've posted them to me FOC. I had my habitation check done on my way home from Europe and they let me stay the night before on their forecourt with EHU. I don't have a problem complaining about cr*p service so it's a change to complement good service

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
excellent customer service like that is getting very rare these days

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Purchased my used MH from Elite three years ago, took the 3 year warranty option, we had a boiler PBC fail Oyster PCB fail, main fuse/circuit board fail (only on one circuit) . All these components are common to many Motorhomes so no a manufacturer fault. All items were replaced at my convenience at no without any quibble. Yes I would recommend them for Customer service and satisfaction.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Great to hear good news about a dealership - they are all lovely when they want our money but the true test is how they sort things when there are problems & sounds like it's worth travelling to this one (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Good to hear what a great service the dealer has given..
But I ( and possibly others ) would be interested to know what make and model the MH is ?

With that sort of commitment to their product I would certainly put them on the list of future vans we might like to own :)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
We recently received excellent after sales service from our MH dealer too - good, honest, reliable dealers are out there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back