Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
just picked up the brand new Autotrail Cheyenne and it only has four wheels and a repair kit for tyre blows. Does anyone have experience of this device or should I invest in a spare wheel?:thanks2:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
personaly i dont like not having a spare wheel n tyre thats legal. i drive lots of trucks for companies that dont have a spare they call out ats or someone. did hear that ats is on the way out. i say get one and a jack plus big three quarter breaker bar and practice changing the wheel .if it going to happen it,ll be raining and in an awkward place and timehave fun alan.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
just picked up the brand new Autotrail Cheyenne and it only has four wheels and a repair kit for tyre blows. Does anyone have experience of this device or should I invest in a spare wheel?:thanks2:

You'd reasonably expect that for what you've just paid out you'd get a properly equipped MH.

OTOH, it's so difficult to get a spare from underneath and fit it, there is an argument for not supplying one.

Me ? Well I like all my options open, I have spare, compressor and cans of gunge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
spare wheel it is then! Seems that not putting a spare on it saves weight/money. compressor and gunge maybe ok for a short get you home or to site but not convinced for anything of distance.
thanks to both of you.:Smile:

Groundhog

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Since 2008
Suggest you also check your breakdown insurance if you have any. Many stipulate they will not attend breakdown for tyre related problems if the vehicle does not carry a spare. You would then need to call a local tyre company and pay any associated cost. Not so bad if you are in the UK but could be difficult if travelling abroad.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
'get you home' gunge is all well and good but what if you split a sidewall.....its neither use nor ornanment then.

invest in a spare wheel but bear in mind a spare wheel + tyre may weigh 20 to 30kg and will be added to your payload.:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
I couldnt believe it when a friend of mine bought a new car and one of the optional extras was a spare! I gues when you are building a million cars then if you save ÂŁ30 on a wheel and tyre you are saving a lot of money

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
interesting about the insurance so I'll definitely check that. the weight shouldn't be a problem as we've learned that most of the stuff we had in the first 'home was never used so we'll not take it again, unless we realise that we do need it and it's still at home! I think it's called 'sod's law' :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back