Fiat Vibration 2.3 on 57 plate (1 Viewer)

T

thorley

Deleted User
Hi Everyone i just thought you should know the outcome of my vans gearbox rework, but most of all to finalise a long running saga (for me anyway). Last friday 18September the second part of the rectification was carried out and i am pleased and releived to say that im happy with the result, I know of 2 other people who've had the same job done and are now much happier with their purchase. It's been almost 2yrs since i bought the Burstner and it does leave a bitter taste. Fiat should have come clean straight away. So happy caravaning everyone, stay healthy and look after each other. Les Thorley:thumb:

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Our 2008 Fiat Trigano 650 is being sorted at this moment, I pick it back up this evening, Platts garage in Stoke on Trent is sorting ours out, I've asked them how succesful the mods have been and they say that they have modified over 70 vehicles and only 1 is still not happy. I will post with results later.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
And I am still waiting for my 2007 Fiat to even get the first part of the fix.

I registered the fault in September 2008, when I last spoke to Fiat in August this year, I was pleasantly informed that my vehicle details had been sent to Fiat Italy just twenty minutes ago!!!

Just why do Fiat have to make us so angry and bitter when dealing with this problem? :Angry:

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Well I'm over the moon, picked our van up this evening and reversed twice up very steep incline at Platts garage, and it reveresed brillianly, also a lot smoother in first gear. Fiest impressions are great. I have been treated, with nothing but curtasy and proffessionalism by Fiat UK, and Platts garage, if I could afford another new motorhome i'de deffinatly have another Fiat.

John.

Ps I asked Platts about some pitting on the vans alloy wheels, they have photoed them and are sending them off to Fiat, they said they will let me know the outcome.

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
glad to hear your all sorted out . sounds like you have found a very good garage there. time to start enjoying your van now . all the best :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Nice to hear others are having good results as I did.

Rgds
Bill

W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
pleased someone has had luck with their burstner..everytime we contact them they deny the problem with the gearbox,they say there is no recall,ours is a 57 plate.they then said it was upto us to keep an eye out for any recalls,as they do not contact the registered owner..anyway she's out of warranty now and the local fiat dealer said any work that would need doing,they could'nt do it as the van was too big to get in the workshops.....well thank you fiat for being so helpfull.:Angry:..love the van:thumb:,hate the shudder:cry:..Ang.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Ang,

Did you write to Fiat direct? That's how everyone seems to get results, not the local dealer either, it's not his problem or Burstners.

Rgds
Bill

W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
Hi Bill,yes it was fiat we contacted.they just keep saying that until a certain number of customers contact them with the same problem,then they won't have a recall for gear box,we have tried to tell them that a lot of people are having the same problem as was specified in the mmm magazine and sites like this,they just said 'they had not heard there was a problem'and that we just had to keep looking on their site for all recalls,if any,Angie.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Ang, Its not a recall you have to get in touch with Fiat UK with your problem and they give you a ref number, they tell you that they will contact you when needed. They told me that they would contact me in Feb 09 but they didn't but because they gave me a ref no I didn't bother them. They got in touch with me in Aug 09, and job was completed yesterday. I haven't had to rant and rave at Fiat and now satisfied with work done.
hope you get yours sorted.

John.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
pleased someone has had luck with their burstner..everytime we contact them they deny the problem with the gearbox,they say there is no recall,ours is a 57 plate.they then said it was upto us to keep an eye out for any recalls,as they do not contact the registered owner..anyway she's out of warranty now and the local fiat dealer said any work that would need doing,they could'nt do it as the van was too big to get in the workshops.....well thank you fiat for being so helpfull.:Angry:..love the van:thumb:,hate the shudder:cry:..Ang.

If you registered the fault on your vehicle before the warranty ran out then Fiat will honour the agreed fix.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back