Ignition switch on new Fiat (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I collected my new Carthago yesterday and to say I am pleased would be an understatement I think. It's based on a 150 Fiat with a Comfortmatic box, which I heard likened to having an 85 year old man in the cab pushing the clutch pedal for you! Seems ok to me, but as I have never had a Fiat before there is one little thing that confuses me concerning the ignition switch. When I take the key out and stop the engine, everything that is supposed to go off continues to be powered up for some time (the fridge, reversing camera, auxiliary 12v socket, radio etc). I'm not sure if the power cuts a couple of minutes later or if it's me fiddling that does something to cut it, but is this normal?

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Congratulations on your new motorhome .... there is a timer ( about 10 seconds ) after switching off when a few things keep working including windows. The timer is cancelled if you open a door.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Your fridge won't switch to gas for 10 minutes after you switch of in case you are in a petrol station
(You probably know that anyway)

Joe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
You'll enjoy having the Comfortmatic gear box, bit strange to start with but don't rush it! You'll also find that you will be able to 'encourage ' a gear change by using the accelerator pedal.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Congratulations on your new Carthago. A good choice I think but I might be a tad biased. ;)(y)

I just love the Comfortmatic box and wished I'd had one on previous vans.
It does need a little prod on the stick at times to make it change down when going up a long incline. I find it tends to stay in 6th gear and starts to labour a bit so I just push the stick forward and it drops a gear and keeps the revs up. Other than that I just can't fault it.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back