Newby with an Autocruise Starfire (1 Viewer)

dorsetnewby

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Funster No
Exp
zip/nil/zilch/zero
Hi everyone,

we have gone mad and bought a nearly new motorhome (Autocruise Starfire)even though we have never even been near a motorhome before. I am just reading all the manuals and would welcome any advice especially how to find and drain the water heater.

Dorsetnewby:Eeek:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Dorsetnewby, welcome and happy travelling

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome to the FUN.

water heater is usually under one of the seats....normally a dinette seat but can be in different locations on different vans.
look outside for vents...there will be one high level and one directly below it for the fridge and another elsewhere for the heater.

find the fresh water tank drain tap, close to the tank, and open it.
it may be a lever or a small plastic tap.

ensure the pump is off then open the sink/basin and shower taps to fully drain the system.

when all the water has drained go outside to the heater exhaust vent.
depending on what make it is there should be a plastic drain plug (like a large plastic screw)at the bottom of the vent, remove it and the heater will drain down.
some have a drain tap next to the heater body instead.

hope this helps.

john.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
To drain the heater there will be a small lever by the water heater which you just lift with your finger and then open the taps, but as pappajohn says make sure that the 12volt elec is turned off at the panel. when you come to refill just flick the lever down. Oh and welcome.

john.

OP
OP
D

dorsetnewby

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Funster No
Exp
zip/nil/zilch/zero
heater drain plug

Thanks to you all,
I have now found the drain plug and can continue to climb my steep learning curve !!.

tt::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
how to find and drain the water heater.

Dorsetnewby:Eeek:

For winter you need to be even more careful. I opened all the taps but did not touch the shower head - result - water was trapped in the valve and first shower this year DRIP DRIP DRIP - that can't be right - this winter the shower head will be hanging down.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
so far havent had any trouble with mine in winter. never drain it . never plays up no matter how hot the weater is outside. oh!some of you stay here in winter,sorry. alan.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and welcome to the forum,I own an Autocruise Startrail so I'm on the same marque as yourself...one word of advice,if you bought it from an Autocruise dealers take it back and have the battery charger checked as there is a bit of an ongoing problem with them failing early..mine failed and I've only had it 5..yes 5 months obviously if you bought privately a trip to a dealers is possibly on the cards

I've had a couple of Emails from Swift (the holding company of Autocruise) on the subject and they are fully aware of the problem and are attempting to fully alleviate the problem...it was just a thought as you need to know the bad as well as the good...happy trails mate

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back