Three warning (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Dont use your three phone on the ferry ive just been stung £16 for connecting to the maritime network between dover and dunkeque i wasnt activly using my phone just left it all on as i assumed traveling from uk to a feel at home country would be ok
My data is always left on as i have unlimited data for work

?

Deleted User
I use the 3 network but never have data on unless i want to retrieve a media picture. I go on holiday to get away. Last thing i need is internet connection.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Is it a business contract ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
My Three phone is on all day. Streaming Planet Rock right now.

You can call them and them to bar anything over agreed standard usage :)

Last edited:
?

Deleted User
My Three phone is on all day. Steaming Planet Rock right now.

You can call them and them to bar anything over agreed standard usage :)

Not like you :D Im amazed you never rented an apartment over a bar for the free wifi and less stagger home.

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
Dont use your three phone on the ferry ive just been stung £16 for connecting to the maritime network between dover and dunkeque i wasnt activly using my phone just left it all on as i assumed traveling from uk to a feel at home country would be ok
My data is always left on as i have unlimited data for work

Same thing happened to me and I got a full refund off 3. £28.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've had a text from Three when on the Santander ferry - it warned of out of area roaming charges so I turned off roaming data. They have WiFi on the ship so you don't need to use the phone for data though the WiFi is very slow.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
....and I am technology dumbo and didn't understand any of this thread. :(:(:(
What it's saying Joy @movan is if you go on a ferry and leave your data switched on but your phone can't find a proper signal it will use the ferries signal and charge you a fortune for the privilege.

Martin

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I to was stung by the 3 bee. Whilst crossing from Hull to zeebrugge on May 8th. I left my phone switched on in the motor home unaware of the consequences. Never had this happen before as I've alway had to physically connect to maritime. Hey Ho another lesson learnt about the con culture. I wonder he much they'll be charging for a pee on the ferries of the future.

?

Deleted User
No tunnel from Hull(y) and I have no desire to drive South in the UK.

Martin

I think along those lines. This year will be the first i have driven down to Hull in years. IF i have to drive 100's of miles south i would rather do that in Holland as it does not feel like my holiday has started till i am off the ferry. Normally i am Newcastle to Ijmudien.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I to was stung by the 3 bee. Whilst crossing from Hull to zeebrugge on May 8th. I left my phone switched on in the motor home unaware of the consequences. Never had this happen before as I've alway had to physically connect to maritime. Hey Ho another lesson learnt about the con culture. I wonder he much they'll be charging for a pee on the ferries of the future.
I'm sorry, no. People complain far too much nowadays. When you signed up, you were made aware of all the terms and conditions of the legal contract. If you had read the details, you would have been aware of the costs.

?

Deleted User
I kind of agree with fat boy. I not long joined the 3 network but looked into what country's i could get feel at home in before hand as i do go to Germany a lot. As it was cheap in the UK i decided they were VFM and not that bothered about internet when on holiday anyway. Use free wifi in pus and restaurants. (y)

Can you tell im tight?

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
It's not just the Three network that this happens to. The use of any networks providers phone will be charged exorbitant fee when being used via ships satellite network and not only for data. Beware I received a call on my Jersey Airtel Vodaphone from my daughter on Brittany ferries and for 15 mins incoming call was £60. When challenged phone company they said that was what satellite provider charges & couldn't refund. Lesson now learnt, switch phone off whilst on ferry.

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
If you need to make calls while on board use Skype or WhatsApp. Both via the ships wifi

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
If you need to make calls while on board use Skype or WhatsApp. Both via the ships wifi
I have always found that the wifi on Brittany Ferries is not strong enough/not enough bandwidth to be able to use Skype, it barely loads emails and google searches etc.

I knew not to make calls but with phone still left on when it rung didn't think that an incoming call would cost me an exorbitant amount!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not directly connected with the op, but also worth watching on feel at home, if you have it turned on in France beware of getting close to the Belgian border because if your phone picks up a Belgian signal you are immediately charged a fiver.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I'm sorry, no. People complain far too much nowadays. When you signed up, you were made aware of all the terms and conditions of the legal contract. If you had read the details, you would have been aware of the costs.
That's me told and wrists slapped. Who's a naughty boy then.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I wonder if this is included in the forthcoming data roaming legislation across the EU? If not it sounds like it should be.
I wouldn't have thought so as even before data just making an ordinary call or sending a text using any provider , if it couldn't pick up a decent signal it would use the maritime network with the associated costs. I was warned about it years back not to use it on the ferries.

OP
OP
mitzimad
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
I still cant find the sanctimonipus prick button jim

OP
OP
mitzimad
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
I was sharing infomation for the benifit of other members who like me dont have the time to read several pages of terms and conditions prior to every purchase and if i did have the time im sure i could find better things to do

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back