Big dealerships near to London (1 Viewer)

Janeymonica

Free Member
Jan 17, 2016
London
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Buying one soon
Hello, can anyone recommend some large dealerships within an hour or so of London? We visited Wellsbridge yesterday. Thanks!

OP
OP
J

Janeymonica

Free Member
Jan 17, 2016
London
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Buying one soon
From central London, any direction and over an hour fine!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Choose Leisure on A28 Canterbury. Also TC Motorhomes at Herne Bay. Kent Motorhomes, Bluebell Hill on A229.

None of these within an hour but you could do all 3 in one day.

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
:) Johns Cross @ Robertsbridge , once your on the A2 it doesn't take too long . Nice day out as well .
Also recommend their service dept.

I'm afraid it will take a hell of a long time on the A2.
Johns Cross is on the A21. :LOL::LOL:

Richard.

Upvote 0

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
We went to wellsbridge, huge selection with quite a few older vans but did not seem that much cheaper to me.

Ultimately it is down to layout, we saw an L shaped lounge motorhome at Wellsbridge but it was fairly old and stank of cigarette smoke so we saw an L shape lounger newer van at:

White Arches Motorhomes near Wellingborough about 15 mins from junction 15 of the M1.

We found them to be very helpful/friendly and we got a one owner 2008 swift sundance on the newer Ducato chassis with a years warranty and starter pack all serviced and mot'd and they replaced things I had not even noticed including a new decent habitation battery for what I felt was a very reasonable price.

Only minor gripe, they could have done a better job of cleaning before collection but on the very plus side we needed the warranty when the engine management light came on (although it did not affect how it drove) and they took it back and repaired it with a new EGR valve quickly and without question so I would be happy to recommend.

At the end of the day it is a case of finding the right layout of van at a dealer you can trust to rectify any problems or you might as well wing it and go private unless you need finance which is a whole different issue.

Paul

Upvote 0

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Michael Jordan Caravans, Gomshall, Surrey.......AVOID

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
John's Cross for me too(y)

I always try to sneak a breakfast in the Route 1066 cafe nearby too:D

Upvote 0

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Cranham Caravans on A127 at Upminster ..http://www.cranham.co.uk

Personally, I wouldn't recommend the above. I live just 3 miles from them; their attitude sucks and I was so unimpressed, I bought a van from a dealership almost 60 miles away!

I went there as a novice and before I joined MHF. The salesman couldn't be bothered and 'tutted' when I asked to have various vans opened up for inspection. His knowledge base was poor too. I wondered if they are more interested in caravanners.

It's not just my view either. A fellow funster who lives fairly local also had the same experience and also took custom elsewhere.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Personally, I wouldn't recommend the above.

I only ever had good service from them.. but I guess all dealers can have a salesperson having a bad day..

If the OP wants to travel a bit further, then Becks at Gt Yarmouth is an excellent dealer.. I've had great service from them.. have their own fully kitted out workshops and also do MOTs.. nothing has been too much bother for them.. they also give a full comprehensive 12 month dealer warranty ..

I bought my Hymer there.. The day we went to look we were left alone to inspect as many vans as we wanted.. then when I found one we liked, I asked for a test drive.. no problem.. had a 30min drive then left alone to discuss it.. absolutely no pressure.. but always on hand to answer questions.

as we live over an hour away and Jan doesn't drive I asked about having it delivered.. no problem.. but we like to see you happy before you pay and leave.. so we will come and collect you whenever suits .. they came at 9am on delivery day.

In the year I've owned they have supplied under warranty without question or quibble, a new door step switch, cost £60 .. a new Fog light, also about £60 ..

When it went in for an annual vehicle service, engine oil etc.. and MOT .. we had the free use of a car for the day.. what more can you ask for..

I have nothing but praise for Becks.. but of course, it's quite possible someone else may have had a different experience.. .. I speak as I find.. and have no connection with either dealer..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Why. I've alwways got on very well with them, especially the lads in the workshop and the shop staff.
The people who work there are first class, always been very happy with them.
It's the owner I have issues with, when we had problems with our new MH he ignored us until the manufacturer leant on him. Even then he did very little.

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I only ever had good service from them.. but I guess all dealers can have a bad salesperson...

If the OP wants to travel a bit further, then Becks at Gt Yarmouth is an excellent dealer.. I've had great service from them.. have their own fully kitted out workshops and also do MOTs.. nothing has been too much bother for them.. they also give a fully comprehensive 12 month dealer warranty ..

I bought my Hymer there.. The day we went to look we were left alone to inspect as many vans as we wanted.. then asked for a test drive.. no problem.. had a 30min drive then left alone to discuss it.. absolutely no pressure.. but always on hand to answer questions.

as we live over an hour away and Jan doesn't drive I asked about having it delivered.. no problem.. but we like to see you happy before you pay and leave.. so we will come and collect you whenever suits .. they came at 9am on delivery day.

In the year I've owned they have supplied under warranty without question or quibble, a new door step switch, cost £60 .. a new Fog light, also about £60 ..

When it went in for an annual vehicle service, engine oil etc.. and MOT .. we had the free use of a car for the day.. what more can you ask for..

I have nothing but praise for Becks.. but ofcourse, it's quite possible someone else may have had a different experience.. .. I speak as I find.. and have no connection with either dealer..

That's exactly our experience of them over the 5 years we dealt with them.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Personally, I wouldn't recommend the above. I live just 3 miles from them; their attitude sucks and I was so unimpressed, I bought a van from a dealership almost 60 miles away!

I went there as a novice and before I joined MHF. The salesman couldn't be bothered and 'tutted' when I asked to have various vans opened up for inspection. His knowledge base was poor too. I wondered if they are more interested in caravanners.

It's not just my view either. A fellow funster who lives fairly local also had the same experience and also took custom elsewhere.

I rather wish I had given them a swerve

When my engine expired not a bit of help

Except a point to the free warranty

Which gave £ 1000 including vat to a single repair

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries