Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have just bought our first motorhome from Autocaravanas Elche near Alicante. Great price, very helpful. We will pick it up on 19th June. We have friends visiting from UK at Sitio de Calahonda near Malaga so hope to stay in a campsite there around the 24th of June. Hopefully no problems so far.

We however booked a 2 night stay at Bubion in the Alpujarras on 22nd and 23rd June before we bought the motorhome. This is not,refundable but we think that it might be difficult to drive up there for first timers. Has anyone been to Bubion and can give advice. It is a 7 metre Carado.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Should not be a problem. Small twisty roads but little traffic.
Campsite in Calahonda in good position, near to shops, Mercadona, and beaches 5 mins walk. Good restarants in Fuengirola. Port area bars sooo cheap at lunchtimes.
Phil

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Finnsgran

Finnsgran

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the advice, we have chickened out though and have managed to move our booking forward to this week. Will try to book up for Calahonda and maybe some other nice sites around there for a wee trial run. We've had caravans in the past but this motorhome is all new , so we want to take it a bit easy to start with.

We live near Sorbas in Almeria and are looking forward to visiting some of the lovely old Spanish cities and areas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sorry, I missed your original post. We visited the Alpujarra a couple of years ago and you can find it in my blog if you scroll down to near the end: Broken Link Removed

Bubion is quite high up, it's the one left of centre in this picture.

PA150376-enhanced.jpg

The roads are doable but I agree with your sentiment, best to learn on somewhere a bit flatter. :)

Fabulous area.

Upvote 0

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Autocaravanas Elche are one of the best Motorhome dealers in Alicante. Hope you get a good handover and enjoy your new motorhome.

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Done that area, but on horseback .....
As DBK says, fabulous.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry, I missed your original post. We visited the Alpujarra a couple of years ago and you can find it in my blog if you scroll down to near the end: Broken Link Removed

Bubion is quite high up, it's the one left of centre in this picture.

View attachment 110417

The roads are doable but I agree with your sentiment, best to learn on somewhere a bit flatter. :)

Fabulous area.

Great blog, thank you!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back