Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Matlock
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apachy 700
Exp
MotorHomeVirgin 2016
Ciao fellow campers. Am contemplating having a fixed LPG tank fitted. Some people told me to have one with aluminium tanks fitted as they are a lot lighter. Can anyone recommend a good installer in East Midlands area please. Many thanx

OP
OP
Taeke

Taeke

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Matlock
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apachy 700
Exp
MotorHomeVirgin 2016
Thank you Dave. Just had a look at your site and emailed you. Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

J H

Funster
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
I suggest calling Autogas 2000 and see if they can recommend someone. They are a leading manufacturer of these systems. Based in Thirsk.
Again, Dave Newell. :)

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Autogas 2000 did mine. We stayed on the premises on the Sunday night and they did the fitting on Monday. They took us to the station and then we spent the day in York to be picked up and then shown how it works. Back to Derbyshire for a late tea.
Great service and product

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Why not go to Thirsk, they'll fit it in a day, I lived there for 40 years. Lots to do,great Wetherspoons, and Harry Lees (butchers) have best pork pies in the world. long walks on the flatts down by Cod beck.
They are actually in Carlton Minniott but just a miles walk past the race course into town.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
They are a leading manufacturer of these systems.
Supply and fit, they don't manufacture.
Edit: Chris does make custom tank supports

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
I suggest calling Autogas 2000 and see if they can recommend someone. They are a leading manufacturer of these systems. Based in Thirsk.
We've just had twin Alugas refillable tanks fitted by Chris Wise and his team at Autogas 2000. Cracking job, I'll post pics later. Not only that but SWMBO had an excellent kip at one corner of his yard (in the van!) while I had a lovely walk over the fields behind. Just don't make the mistake I did and turn into his neighbour's drive. I did manage to get seven and a half meters of motorhome turned round between his neighbour's cars without going onto his lawn, a tribute more to the Sprinter's turning circle than my prowess as a MH driver....

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Why not go to Thirsk, they'll fit it in a day, I lived there for 40 years. Lots to do,great Wetherspoons, and Harry Lees (butchers) have best pork pies in the world. long walks on the flatts down by Cod beck.
They are actually in Carlton Minniott but just a miles walk past the race course into town.
Agreed..really helpfull and watched couple of other fittings being done while SWMBO had her kip. All same quality friendly helpful approach. You won't go far wrong with Chris

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just returned from Autogas 2000 today with ...........
View media item 19493Stayed overnight in the yard waiting for delivery of the 14Kg cylinders which arrived this morning.

Tanks and in-cab led display very efficiently fitted, filled with 56 litres lpg and we were away by mid day.:clap2:

Icing on the cake is the discount given to subscribed Funsters.::bigsmile:

Reactions: GJH
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Conrad Anderson again.
Fitted a gas tank to our first M/H, several years ago now, but did a good job.
We stayed in their yard overnight.

Richard.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I am tempted to have these fitted but,am concerned about finding garages that sell lpg anymore .both my local garages have stopped selling it . So is it a good move as I mainly motorhome in the UK.? Roy.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I am tempted to have these fitted but,am concerned about finding garages that sell lpg anymore .both my local garages have stopped selling it . So is it a good move as I mainly motorhome in the UK.? Roy.
The FillLPG web site says "Currently 1174 confirmed stations." and the map shows that coverage is pretty good in populated areas.
Depending on circumstances we sometimes fill up at a local garage as we return from or set off on a trip but often we just top up as we pass a station en route. On our last couple of longish trips we have filled up on the way home en route because we happened to be passing a station.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
There are still many lpg suppliers and the art of having refillable cylinders is to top-up before you get too low when you pass a supply. There are also phone apps which give details of lpg retailers .... so no problem, just convenience and lower price gas.(y)

Reactions: GJH

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just a thought but as I would find it embarrassing to top up just a tenners worth of petrol do you get the same feeling with maybe just a fivers worth of gas? :cautious:

Edit: I'm thinking of the bloke who queued for two hours during the great petrol crisis a few years back and managed to get 9p into his tank. :LOL:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just a thought but as I would find it embarrassing to top up just a tenners worth of petrol do you get the same feeling with maybe just a fivers worth of gas? :cautious:

Edit: I'm thinking of the bloke who queued for two hours during the great petrol crisis a few years back and managed to get 9p into his tank. :LOL:
There have been a few times when we've topped up around £7 worth of gas but I don't think we've been as low as a fiver :) It wouldn't bother me though if it was somewhere we were passing and not sure of the next place :)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

I agree with Graham (GJH), we have sometimes only put a few £'s worth in but as I have a digital led in-cab gauge usually start looking for a top-up when getting down to half full.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back