Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Where are you in France, somewhere nice, but then it's all nice isn't it!
We are staying a few days at La Roche Bernard, for the luxury of endless hot water in the shower and the laundry. Then we're off southwards, not sure yet until we've read the books!

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Wish I was!
Take your time - no need to rush - that's one of the beauties of the place!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Beaulieu sur Dordogne (last day before wending our way back northwards) watching the water in the river rush past!

Had hoped to try out the Gumotex canoe that we bought from @Minxy Girl (at the Peterborough show) but the flow rate is much too high (440 cubic metres per second - needs to drop to less than 150 cubic meters per second before it's safe!).

Have to aim for a lake next time!

Ian

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi SHRIMPS. Sounds great.
How did you get onto the house sitting jobs ?
We are looking for similar, just a plot to park on and watch the property.
Enjoy your stay and how's.
Mitch.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Caromb, just north of Carpentras. A little overcast but 27°C, no wind, the smell of hot dry pine needles and a bottle of Lidl's Romanetti Rosato (€2.99 litre) - goes down nicely with ice cold lemonade.
Haven't seen a flooding river since driving east from the Lot but some magnificent thunder storm displays.
Come on in, it's lovely but it does help if you can talk Caravan and speak Dutch.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
im just past montpellier,left milan last night,im just travelling through to benidorm

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Rennes Les Bains near Carcassonne, bit overcast and cooler than yesterday, moving on tomorrow unless it's chucking it down.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
If it is so nice over there at present .... what are you doing online playing with your smart phones?!

Speaking for myself, I'm onto he DFDS Customer Service Helpline deferring my UK return by two weeks. They are a bit slow to process my date change so I fill the time winding up a few members here :)

....... and my smart phone is a steam driven Hudl1 - cracking value for money.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Staying on the beautiful Aire at Objat. Been here a few days now and plenty to explore locally. Showery today but have had 32 degrees for a few days. We've showers and 16amp electric for 6 euros and a lovely location. Haven't bothered with campsites in our 5 weeks out and probably won't for the next 5 either. Enjoy wherever you are.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Staying on the beautiful Aire at Objat. Been here a few days now and plenty to explore locally. Showery today but have had 32 degrees for a few days. We've showers and 16amp electric for 6 euros and a lovely location. Haven't bothered with campsites in our 5 weeks out and probably won't for the next 5 either. Enjoy wherever you are.

Do you still have to get the access code from the TO or now just use a CC at entry?

Deleted User
Just South of you near La Baule, cloudy and bit of rain today, thunder forecast for 17.00 but not here yet.

Forecast better for tomorrow so a short hop to the Presqu'ile de Guerande would be nice, lots of aires and beautiful coastline.

papaken

Free Member
Jan 29, 2013
newcastle upon tyne
Funster No
MH
autocruise star spirit
Exp
Just arrived at La Turballe on the beach site, came up from St Julienne des Landes after 5nice sunny days, lost wing mirror after been side whipped by 4x4 on way here.
This trip has been nothing but incidents just hoping for better after the next poor weather spell forecast.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Thinking of going September for the first time but a bit apprehensive. MIL might be in Nantes so thought it would be an ideal time to test the water but think we would use campsites.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We're at a small place called Neydens just 10mile from Geneva, weather has been stunning yesterday and today. Off in the direction of Annecy tomorrow.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Thinking of going September for the first time but a bit apprehensive. MIL might be in Nantes so thought it would be an ideal time to test the water but think we would use campsites.
Hi @big bertha ,
No problem over here, plenty of fuel , no militants , no migrants.
Just lovely weather and beautiful country side.
We are over again in sept 90% use Aires with the odd c/site municipal.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Hi @big bertha ,
No problem over here, plenty of fuel , no militants , no migrants.
Just lovely weather and beautiful country side.
We are over again in sept 90% use Aires with the odd c/site municipal.

Hi Fidget, not worried about fuel, militants or migrants just the unknown and looking stupid, we are shy and retiring types and probably wouldn't ask for help and then when hubby gets it wrong I'll will make his life a misery.;)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
We're planning our first visit to France in September too. Could be interested in going over together if you are. We plan to use the Tunnel
Ian & Ashley

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years

Just do it. You need to get the first one under your belt to gain the confidence.
It really is not difficult.

My advice would be to catch a late afternoon Saturday crossing and if you really want to, have a site pre booked close to your arrival town. Loads of help here to find you a good site.
Then, early Sunday morning, with little traffic and virtually no trucks on the road, you can poodle along to your next pre booked site and I can almost guarantee that by the time you negotiate your 5th roundabout you'll wonder what you were worrying about and by the time you park up for your second night you'll be talking about doing this again next year but for longer.
Just do it.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
What a lovely offer, we'll keep it in mind as it depends on Mil. If we are going it will be tunnel also better for dogs. We have been across by tunnel before in car to a Haven site outside Paris to visit Disneyland about 20 years ago. (y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Would normally be in France now but came home after a month of almost continuous rain during May. Will return at end of June and stay through to mid September.

Meanwhile getting on with painting and decorating our new house and waiting for the new driveway to be finished.

From July onwards we will be doing similar in Burgundy. Think I need a holiday!

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
What a lovely offer, we'll keep it in mind as it depends on Mil. If we are going it will be tunnel also better for dogs. We have been across by tunnel before in car to a Haven site outside Paris to visit Disneyland about 20 years ago. (y)
That's why we are going by the Tunnel too as we have a Jack Terrorist named Tia. Should you want to discuss this further why not PM this migrant old Scot
Ian

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
That's why we are going by the Tunnel too as we have a Jack Terrorist named Tia. Should you want to discuss this further why not PM this migrant old Scot
Ian
Not sure your Jack Russell terrorist Tia would get on with my Minnie the Minx.:D let me discuss with hubby and see if I can persuade him to go even if his mum not visiting Nantes. Thought you were Scots, picked it up from another thread, probably Falkirk one.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back