Virtual Reality what do you know, is it the way forward (3 Viewers)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I'm told that Virtual Reality is the next big development to hit the games industry. My son who likes new toys took delivery of his latest gadget yesterday. An HTC Vive, he says it is incredible but my eyes start to glaze over just listening. He say that it transforms his living room into an interactive film set. It even remembers any obstacles like tv and tables so that you don't injure yourself while chasing aliens around the room who have just appeared like magic through the walls. He has sensors around the walls to plot the effect. It even takes a few minuets to come down from the experience and get your orientation back in good order. Not the sort of game to play before you get to bed, enough to give you nightmares.
So what do you know about virtual reality, have you tried it yet or indeed ordered your own virtual reality system.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
So what do you know about virtual reality, have you tried it yet or indeed ordered your own virtual reality system.

Only that I don't want or need it.. are people who need this trying to escape their own life ..

Is real life so boring for them they have to play a video game.. or get lost in a virtual reality ?

sad lonely people ..

just my opinion buttons.. :)

I'll stick wth Singers .. most people think that is crazy :LOL:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I'm told that Virtual Reality is the next big development to hit the games industry. My son who likes new toys took delivery of his latest gadget yesterday. An HTC Vive, he says it is incredible but my eyes start to glaze over just listening. He say that it transforms his living room into an interactive film set. It even remembers any obstacles like tv and tables so that you don't injure yourself while chasing aliens around the room who have just appeared like magic through the walls. He has sensors around the walls to plot the effect. It even takes a few minuets to come down from the experience and get your orientation back in good order. Not the sort of game to play before you get to bed, enough to give you nightmares.

I have enough of a problem dealing with reallity

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Only that I don't want or need it.. are people who need this trying to escape their own life ..
Is real life so boring for them they have to play a video game.. or get lost in a virtual reality ?
sad lonely people ..
just my opinion buttons.. :)
I'll stick wth Singers .. most people think that is crazy :LOL:
I would never describe my son as sad or lonely Jim but he likes what he likes not only that but to enable him to maintain his present lifestyle he has to understand and predict what is coming over the horizon in technology terms. VR is not just for game players.
My partners nephew a high flyer in the games industry producing and launching new games for the industries biggest producer also spends most of his spare time playing "for want of a better word" games.
Could be a generation thing Jim I think they would laugh if I attempted to convince them they should get themselves a singer sewing machine as a hobby. ;):)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Could be a generation thing Jim I think they would laugh if I attempted to convince them they should get themselves a singer sewing machine as a hobby.
You could be right in that summary, Mr B. I remember that as a young boy, when all my friends were train spotting, or pursuing the (then) modernistic pastime of aircraft spotting, I took up leching. (y) A hobby that turned into an amusing (and therapeutic) pastime over the years. True, Ian Alan didnt do a bird spotters book, but hey, I just wrote my own.
I found that it got me out and about, induced my visual talents, and made me smile. A good old fashioned hobby can sometimes be quite beneficial for an expanding young mind. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Must spend a lot of time on here to reach this high office.:LOL:;)

not really buttons.. been a member since 2007 .. it works out at an average of 8 posts per day..

for almost a year was 'off line' while away .. but when at home and the house needs cleaning or the grass cut.. I find myself on here.. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back