New motorhomes with young family (2 Viewers)

iefandg

Free Member
Jun 9, 2016
Oxford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi all. We are a family of 4, two girls ages 5 and 6. From NZ but working and living in UK. We own a 7 berth Mooveo C7. Have owned it for about a month. We all love it and apart from some early issues that we are working through. (Some only minor but annoy me nonetheless) I am keen to sort out a GSM alarm just so I know if the alarm has been triggered. And to act as a deterrent also. We are keen to get away to family friendly sites over the summer(parks for kids a must) and have bikes in tow so nice flat and gentle bike routes Would be great. Any info on anything would be greatly received.
Cheers in advance

OP
OP
iefandg

iefandg

Free Member
Jun 9, 2016
Oxford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hello sorry it should read Motorhomers! Obviously predictive does not like that word!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, your kids will love the life style.

To help with your search do you have any area in mind, personally and maybe because I'm bias I'd come to Scotland.

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Isle of Wight very family friendly and a lot of sites do deals with Red Funnel and Wightlink Ferries so you can get some very reasonable prices (it's often cheaper to come here than for us to leave!!). Lots of cycle routes on the Island, a lovely place for children. If you decide on a holiday here, give us a shout and we'll give you more info. Happy travels

OP
OP
iefandg

iefandg

Free Member
Jun 9, 2016
Oxford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi all. We are a family of 4, two girls ages 5 and 6. From NZ but working and living in UK. We own a 7 berth Mooveo C7. Have owned it for about a month. We all love it and apart from some early issues that we are working through. (Some only minor but annoy me nonetheless) I am keen to sort out a GSM alarm just so I know if the alarm has been triggered. And to act as a deterrent also. We are keen to get away to family friendly sites over the summer(parks for kids a must) and have bikes in tow so nice flat and gentle bike routes Would be great. Any info on anything would be greatly received.
Cheers in advance

To help with your search do you have any area in mind, personally and maybe because I'm bias I'd come to Scotland.

Love Scotland but would have to work that one in. My wife and I did a trip on our previous motorhome in 2009 and our bikes went rusty on the back as it rained for 7 days! Loved it though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
The Black Knowl Caravan Club site at Brockenhurst is good for cycling with children as there are lots of safe tracks in the routes - and for the adults - some are on routes to pubs!

OP
OP
iefandg

iefandg

Free Member
Jun 9, 2016
Oxford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Isle of Wight very family friendly and a lot of sites do deals with Red Funnel and Wightlink Ferries so you can get some very reasonable prices (it's often cheaper to come here than for us to leave!!). Lots of cycle routes on the Island, a lovely place for children. If you decide on a holiday here, give us a shout and we'll give you more info. Happy travels
Sounds fab. Thanks will look into it

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I was going to suggest the New Forest too. Setthorns is right in the forest, you'll sometimes find deer at your doorstep. Cycle tracks from the campsite.
For a bigger, more commercial site look at Sandy Balls. My grandchildren loved it there.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Cheers in advance

Welcome, we also have a 7 year old Kiwi (boy) along with a 14 year old German Motorhome used for trips across Europe and the UK.

Plenty of family friendly sites in the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back