Things I've recently had to replace (1 Viewer)

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
1st - A month or so ago, I went to wash the van after a trip away and noticed the saucer aerial spike had broken just leaving the internal piece of metal showing. Easy enough to find a replacement.

2nd - returned last Saturday and went to wash van Sunday. Up the ladder and what's missing,not the aerial spike this time, but the vent cap from the chimney section for the fire.

Again easy enough to source and fit a replacement.

It's a mystery to me how both have happened. I've not been under any low trees to catch the vent cover and the same with the aerial spike.
The aerial is set towards the back of the van and is lower than the top of the overcast bed. Very strange. I may have a crow with a taste for motorhome bits living locally.

OP
OP
Petest

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
What worries me is I'll be fitting a solar panel in the next week or so.
What's the worse that can happen?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
What's the worse that can happen?
For you, or me??? The worst thing that could ever happen to you would be my wife moving in to watch Eastenders on your solar panel driven telly........:(
The best thing that could happen to me would be her leaving my credit card and the MH keys whilst she's watching your telly........(y)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Go under a low bridge in Rouen..... No more worries,sorted.
Tea Bag

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
And cancel the order for air conditioning :dance2:
Anyway Teabag where exactly in Rouen is that bridge (just in case) :tmi:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.Louis
Lets put it like this,going south come to Rouen "City limits" and turn right.....proceed along there,with the river on your left. At this point i was doing OK,told Doris the Sat Nav,just what i thought of her,and had started to ....admonish?.... First wife,the road then split,left lane into a CAVERN,a height barrier flashed by... brakes on!(Bum halfway up the back of the drivers seat) Self preservation kicked in,locked over hard right,and went up a slip road,around an island and back onto the road i had just come off.
Now to your question,the low bridge is about 50yds (X metres?) from the end of the black skid marks,hope this helps. This was in 2009,bet the marks will be there still in 3009 LOL.
I now have a New Sat-Nav,so,one down,one to........GO LOL
Tea Bag
PS. It seems there are several,so don't think just because there are NO SKID MARKS, you can blast on/under etc.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Hi.Louis
Lets put it like this,going south come to Rouen "City limits" and turn right.....proceed along there,with the river on your left. At this point i was doing OK,told Doris the Sat Nav,just what i thought of her,and had started to ....admonish?.... First wife,the road then split,left lane into a CAVERN,a height barrier flashed by... brakes on!(Bum halfway up the back of the drivers seat) Self preservation kicked in,locked over hard right,and went up a slip road,around an island and back onto the road i had just come off.
Now to your question,the low bridge is about 50yds (X metres?) from the end of the black skid marks,hope this helps. This was in 2009,bet the marks will be there still in 3009 LOL.
I now have a New Sat-Nav,so,one down,one to........GO LOL
Tea Bag
PS. It seems there are several,so don't think just because there are NO SKID MARKS, you can blast on/under etc.
Ahhhh the skid marks, had a few of my own trunking m6-m1 London

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
The only skid marks I could find after I nearly squashed myself under that bloody "bridge" in Rouen were my own, and they were all inside the van

Sorry if that's too graphic, but it took a bit of intervention from the gendarmes for me to reverse back up that bloody slope!

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
The only skid marks I could find after I nearly squashed myself under that bloody "bridge" in Rouen were my own, and they were all inside the van

Sorry if that's too graphic, but it took a bit of intervention from the gendarmes for me to reverse back up that bloody slope!
Oh ell seems to be popular (not) this bridge, anybody got a photo re skid marks and traffic chaos in that vicinity ? I can envisage a new thread here :moon2:

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
No pics of the underpass, but I do have one about skid marks...

1761460407361ba3f77bba8f2208aac8a9e3712a.jpg

Last edited:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The only skid marks I could find after I nearly squashed myself under that bloody "bridge" in Rouen were my own
No low bridges in Skeggy, and hey, no soiled underwear..........As long as you choose a clean looking kebab joint.(y)

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
I must find the time to go looking for this bridge/tunnel etc. in Rouen ... Been travelling through Rouen for years and never found a need to go looking for it up till now... :rolleyes:

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
No pics of the underpass, but I do have one about skid marks...
I must find the time to go looking for this bridge/tunnel etc. in Rouen ... Been travelling through Rouen for years and never found a need to go looking for it up till now... :rolleyes:
heee heee :tmi:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back