Motorcycle trailer. (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
A friend of mine is into his bikes in a big way and is now thinking of buying a motorhome.
He's seen some type of trailer where the bike sits on width ways rather than the same way as motorhome.
Has anyone got one or used this type of trailer and are they any good ?

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Seen a German guy with one last week, it was on castors so reversing no probs, other than that can't help you mate.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I have a CMF side loading trailer and am very pleased with it. I bought it with removable castors which allow it to be stored upright in my home garage which is very useful. Only 1.7m long, so cheaper ferry fares, but almost impossible to reverse as you can't see it and it jacknifes in an instant. It is light and easy to move around even with my 110kg scooter aboard. Would I recommend it? Oh yes, as my scooter rack was "tail wagging the dog" and I was well over my payload.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I have a CMF side loading trailer and am very pleased with it. I bought it with removable castors which allow it to be stored upright in my home garage which is very useful. Only 1.7m long, so cheaper ferry fares, but almost impossible to reverse as you can't see it and it jacknifes in an instant. It is light and easy to move around even with my 110kg scooter aboard. Would I recommend it? Oh yes, as my scooter rack was "tail wagging the dog" and I was well over my payload.

U can get one which needs a double towball and seems to reverse with ease but sorry not sure who is the manufacturer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
Yes I have a easy lifter works well carry a 650cc bike if more info required please ask

Mudstuck

Free Member
Jul 4, 2016
Near Chorley
Funster No
MH
Mclouis glen 264
Exp
Former caravanner before divorce lol
Just won an 18 month old easy lift on eBay

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Yes I have a easy lifter works well carry a 650cc bike if more info required please ask
Hi looking at your post although some time ago.
What bike do you carry and what speed have you been on motorways

Cooldude

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2007
While staying in Ross on Wye last week, we went to the workshop where they make the CMF side trailers, and had a demo. Very impressed, easy to lift up on its castors. One set of castors do not rotate, allowing the user to lift it upright without it running away!! I like the long aluminium box accessory, great for putting helmets in etc.
Next need to try out a Honda sh125 with the good lady on the back, before committing to the trailer! Just remembered, the trailer has short reflective outriggers as extras to help you see it in your wing mirrors when reversing.

Pete

Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
I to have a CMF sideways on trailer which I use for our mp3 which is 235 kilos works well as above

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Any problems reversing this type of trailer where the wheels don't swivel?

Cooldude

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2007
I asked when we were there, and the answer from the fabricator was "no problem reversing" as long as you can see both sides of the trailer in your wing mirror. He added that they provide little reflector outriggers as an extra to help with visibility when reversing. That said, I know and understand from others on forums that reversing is not easy due to the short length. The trailer can jack knife possibly catching the back of your van. I guess it takes a little practice. I have towed and successfully reversed caravans and I am sure I would still find it a challenge initially.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back