Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Bit different to the "normal" situation of having a few glasses when obvioulsy parked for the night I think

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Seems a bit heavy handed, probably did him because the keys were in the ignition (to avoid 20 min radio cut out?), he was at the ferry terminal and they could have checked that he was booked on the ferry the next morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Bit different to the "normal" situation of having a few glasses when obvioulsy parked for the night I think
Seems a bit heavy handed, probably did him because the keys were in the ignition (to avoid 20 min radio cut out?), he was at the ferry terminal and they could have checked that he was booked on the ferry the next morning.
Perhaps they might have left him if he were on a caravan site rather than a car park.
It does highlight the potential consequences of drinking when off site camping doesn't it? :)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
A friend of mine is a solicitor who specialty is unusual and difficult traffic cases. He has told me some great stories. If anyone needs his professional advice just let me know.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Having a pre booked ticket isn't proof he wouldn't drive until morning, he could have driven off at any time.. he was drunk.. ergo.. unpredictable.. not in control.

It's the same argument that someone in a van drinking with their jim-jams on isn't going to drive.

He was lucky he only got 10 points and a fine .. normally it carries a fine + 12 month disqualification

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Isn't the case (Scotland?) that you can be convicted of public drunkenness?
This guy was obviously not simply sleeping it off but had somehow caught the attention of plod.
Does the ferry carpark allow overnight camping.
Nothing is ever black & white.

Reactions: GJH

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Isn't the case (Scotland?) that you can be convicted of public drunkenness?
This guy was obviously not simply sleeping it off but had somehow caught the attention of plod.

He admitted being drunk in charge
"he admitted a reduced charge of being in charge of a vehicle while over the limit."

Drunkenness in a public place is a different charge..

Criminal Justice Act 1967 .. same applies in Scotland

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1967/80/section/91

UK POLICE ONLINE

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dognewf

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
strikes me as overzealous plod. the guy was only twice the limit, so hardly well intoxicated, and remember the limit is lower in Scotland, so probably 1.5 times limit in England. shows that you are totally at the whim of the police. as he was on holiday, maybe he copped a reduced plea so he could get home?

don't think his solicitor did a good job.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back