Feb 29, 2016
Weston-Super-Mare
Funster No
MH
Pilote Mooveo
Exp
I am a Noob!
Hi All,

I may have left this a bit late, but, on out holiday to France in the late July to august, I want us to stay as near as possible to the Dune Du Pilat. But only for 2 nights.
It seems most campsites only take week long bookings which doesn't work for us. So we are thinking Aires, but there are none near that do overnight stays. and also the problem of getting there and them being full.

I could really do with some advice to help me find somewhere to stay near there.

has anyone stayed there before or recently?

or any other suggestions? I want to able to spend the days at the dunes with out too much hassle to get there and park in the MH.

Thanks
Lee

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Don't forget you can park for the day in there car park and then move on later if need be. We parked our motorhome there last year during the day

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We drove past it a couple of years ago and noticed a campsite right next to the pile of sand, there were also loads of vans in motor home section of the car park.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
There are loads of campsites all along the main road. I stayed on one of them in high season, just for a couple of nights. Just pull in and ask. The French rarely turn away paying customers.
I think you can stay in the car park overnight. I also stopped overnight in a forest not far away, and although it said no overnight I stayed next to the lake at Bicarosse. If I'd been challenged I was going to feign migraine.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have also used panorama du pyla in summer, and a couple of times out of season, right in the dunes

IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG

camp site right in dunes, popular and expensive restaurant on site with sea views

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

all taken from camp site, remember now why I have been back a few times :)(y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
edit to above, we also only stopped for a few days each visit, I am also sure there is an aire right under the dunes as well, but a seriously steep climb to the top, it is high enough from the camp site, but you are at least part way up already (y)

also the sun will go down pretty early right under the dunes, even in summer could get cold

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
OP
OP
L

LeeFrancis76

Free Member
Feb 29, 2016
Weston-Super-Mare
Funster No
MH
Pilote Mooveo
Exp
I am a Noob!
Thanks guys, I contacted one of the campsites and it says 7 days minimum. The Aire right by the dunes(according to "All the Aires" book) is day times only, with a 40 euro fine for overnight, which actually works out better value than any of the campsites if they have space!
Its my first time in the MH in france so I am a little anxious about ending up with nothing if we get there.

thanks
Lee

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Last time we went the Dune car park didn't allow overnighting, but it was about 4 years ago.

We stopped in the forest aire at Biscarrosse-Plage (a few miles to the south), then drove up nearer to the dune and parked somewhere at the roadside near an access point to the dune. If you're feeling particularly energetic in the summer heat you can cycle to Pyla along a track from Biscarrosse-Plage.

The Biscarrosse-Plage aire is popular in summer but is also big - arrival around mid-day ought to guarantee you a space. If desperate, overnight parking in at least one of the supermarket car parks at Biscarrosse-Bourg up the road is tolerated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back