Weber Q Series BBQ Owners.. .. Hose connection ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'm purchasing a Weber Baby Q1000 barbie.. but don't want to use the little Weber gas cans.. too expensive to run..

If you use Calor propane or patio gas ... where did you buy the hose to connect to the regulator

Can you buy just the hose with the barbie connector on one end.. and no regulator ?

Or is it possible to connect a gas hose without any other connectors ?

and before anyone suggests, I don't want to buy a Cadac .. or any other make of gas barbie.. :)

this hose comes with the Patio gas / clip on Propane regulator .. but it's £34

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
We have aQ100. Have only ever used it on a normal Calor cylinder. We just bought a regulator and hose from caravan shop & used this on a spare gas cylinder. Brilliant BBQ's but agree re small cylinders, waste of time. They don't actually use a lot of gas as they cook best with the lid down which is very efficient.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
I have a Q1200, like the Q1000 but higher domed lid plus temperature gauge. I had a Bullfinch gas connector fitted to the van for 'on the road' and, thus, do not need a separate ŕegulator. For home use(or otherwise), say in Morocco, I have a click on Patio Gas hose plus a couple of other 28mb/37mb propane/butane regulators on hoses for odd bottles I have picked up along the way. The key thing is that the bbq has a gas hose with the male half of a quick release connector and the hose that plugs into the van is a self sealing female half, similarly for the other bottle connectors. In fact, the Bullfinch connector for the van is a 'Y' shaped 2 branch job, allowing me to hitch up the bbq and a two burner stove simultaneously. A bit of an investment in brassware but very satisfying. The Weber itself has proved to be an excellent bit of kit, although I sometimes regret not buying the Q2200. Larger output burner, larger cooking area but, surprisingly the actual weight/footprint does not appear to be commensurately larger.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The Weber itself has proved to be an excellent bit of kit, although I sometimes regret not buying the Q2200. Larger output burner, larger cooking area but, surprisingly the actual weight/footprint does not appear to be commensurately larger.
Swap you my hardly used Q200 for the Q1200? Mine is an earlier version of the Q2200 but does not have a thermometer and has a single piece cast iron griddle. It is a bit more colourful as well - red base and white top. Cleaned it only a week or two ago and not used it since.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I have a Q1200, like the Q1000 but higher domed lid plus temperature gauge.

That's the one I've ordered .. not a bad price from this company http://www.birstall.co.uk

Try these, looks like there is a choice of regulator depending which bottle you require, or just the hose if you have a regulator.
Cheers
Ed

Thanks.. exactly what I was looking for..

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Swap you my hardly used Q200 for the Q1200? Mine is an earlier version of the Q2200 but does not have a thermometer and has a single piece cast iron griddle. It is a bit more colourful as well - red base and white top. Cleaned it only a week or two ago and not used it since.
Sorry, only just seen this. Tempting but I'm away at the moment for a while.

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
To connect hose to Webber q I had to buy brass fitting with a spigot and nut on and I also got a bull finch connection on the van saves messing about with getting gas bottles out

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
To connect hose to Webber q I had to buy brass fitting with a spigot and nut on and I also got a bull finch connection on the van saves messing about with getting gas bottles out

I thought of that.. but it ties you to using it under the awning and as I'm also going to use mine on days out in the car will use 5kg Patio gas bottle, it can also be taken to the beach when away in the van..

of course, you could have both hose connectors.. (y)

or buy the small gas can when you cut the umbilical cord. :LOL:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
That's where I got mine. Jim!

and mine arrived toady.. excellent service .. only ordered Sunday evening

and it looks like a fantastic barbie.. well made and really pleased with it.. as we have come to expect from Weber.. I now own four.. :)

can't wait to try it out.. hose connection not here yet.. but all ready with a 5kg Patio gas bottle.. :cool:

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Hi Jim of your many webbers have you got the small go any where one? I thinking of getting one for my van as the 1000 q is a it big ,it has to travel in the van and I'm a bit restricted on weight this one would fit nicely in my garage :)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim of your many webbers have you got the small go any where one? I thinking of getting one for my van as the 1000 q is a it big ,it has to travel in the van and I'm a bit restricted on weight this one would fit nicely in my garage :)

yes.. I have had one for years.. great little barbie. I have the charcoal model,they also have a gas version.. it is a lot more compact that the Q series ..

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Thanks Jim I was thinking of the gas one and if I need the I got the smokey joe but a lot of places in Europe don't allow charcoal bbq(y)

Jun 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Hi i"m floundering.. I bought a Weber Q1000 and hate the mini cylinder for my gas. I've bought a proper gas bottle but can't get a hose to fit with the weber fittings. It's really frustrating that Weber sell one for £54 but I've spent enough! is there a way around this. I don't speak tech so need a simple explanation. thanks

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Is the control valve to hose connector on the Weber a standard 1/4” L/H thread? If so, one of the Cadac or similar quick release fittings will fit (angled versions also available). You can then make up any number of different 8mm hose and regulator combinations to suit cylinders or even a direct connection to the MoHo.

Jun 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
The bit that screws into the barbecue looks like this.. (first 3 images orange short hose) I bought a longer hose and regulator for a propane cylinder rather than the mini gas cartridges (black hose in image) but this new hose wont screw into the barbecue fitting as it's different

Attachments

• IMG_3065.JPG
    IMG_3065.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3066.JPG
    IMG_3066.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3067.JPG
    IMG_3067.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3068.JPG
    IMG_3068.JPG
    314 KB · Views: 16
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
The bit that screws into the barbecue looks like this.. (first 3 images orange short hose) I bought a longer hose and regulator for a propane cylinder rather than the mini gas cartridges (black hose in image) but this new hose wont screw into the barbecue fitting as it's different

Certainly looks to be a 1/4” BSP L/H threaded fitting. The Cadac and other BBQ fittings to that spec will fit.

EDIT. Just seen the video that PaulC70 has posted, so you’re home and dry. (y)

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Good video but the narrator does not appear to know that Webers are made in the USA which still uses feet and inches. That is why the nuts are not metric.
Everyones a critic :unsure: ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back