LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
What can go wrong feels like it's going wrong. Strikes, fuel shortages, floods and flippin footie everywhere. Then we had the news the indicators couldn't be accessed. The work for that was undertaken, now it turns out that in the process, the guy has trashed our Growler system contact in the back doors !!!! :mad::eek::banghead: Thank god for Vanbitz, they've been so helpful in aiding the identification of the cause and we get a new part fixed in the morning, they've gone above and beyond !!!! After sales service they weren't obligated to provide.

The Italy guide arrived this morning, we're thinking it may be sign to go elsewhere !!!! Trying not to be overly superstitious !!!! :frowny::Eeek:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Can't go wrong with Italy my favourite European country.
We're off on Thursday was planning France and Spain but no big deal our homes on our back just follow the sunshine.:)(y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Italy is great, one of our favourite destinations
Tuscany is a short drive from the border
Of the Italian lakes

Enjoy yourselves !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We have just arrived in Annecy stayed in Troyes last night, drove down from Calais, boarded shuttle with a full tank & 20L in cans haven't had any trouble getting diesel on the way down, only saw one garage closed for petrol.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We're weathering the storm near Sarratt. Plenty of rain and a few flooded sites but no problems with fuel. Worst weather we've ever had this time of the year. River Dordogne rose over 12 feet during the week near us. Still enjoying the Aires as much. Haven't been on a campsite yet in 4 weeks. Hopefully won't need one for the next 6 either. Enjoy your trip wherever you travel.

?

Deleted User
Yip go to Italy and let the whiners get on with it.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
the whiners
Fighters , Mister Notakwak FIGHTERS ! I suggest you keep your bad words for you, I'm going to feel offended if you carry on this way. You don't like France , and French people? Fair enough. Just ignore us, you don't need to give us names! Don' t expect any other answer from me, this the first and only one you'll have from me.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Also arrived in France yesterday, had similar concerns, strikes, roads blocked no fuel etc... we even considered travelling Belgium, Germany, Switzerland to Italy but then rain, floods..

So far weather a bit poor, but fuel shortage no signs whatsoever, only station we saw closed was in Uk J10 shell M20. Stayed at Le Treport aire last night heading south West, fingers crossed weather improves, not raining but it is very grey.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Simon Calder Say's
Q I'm writing to ask your opinion on whether or not to cancel our imminent caravan holiday in France (2 - 29 June) because of the fuel problems and related strife. My wife and I have already booked and paid for a ferry and 25 nights through the Caravan Club, visiting Biarritz, Sarlat, the Loire and Normandy.
David Walters
A I wouldn’t cancel. The fuel issues are getting easier, with supplies getting through to most service stations. Traffic is flowing reasonably freely. And I think once the month-long Euro 2016 football championship starts on 10 June, France may finally get its act together and postpone the summer of discontent for a month. So June looks an excellent time to be there.
France will be en fete for the Euros. And if previous experience of huge sporting events is typical, the number of tourists will be lower than average. People tend to stay away. That's partly because they imagine prices for everything will go through the roof (which will happen only around the venues for key matches, nowhere near your intended locations) or they expect the host nation to be overrun. It won’t be - and western and northern France should be blissful in June.

We are off on monday 6th heading south of Loire & west towards La Rochelle , but staying in the villages away from the coast & towns

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
It'll solve some of your problems if they don't let us in.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
And pray tell me... how are you getting to Italy in your motorhome without going to France?

JJ :cool:
Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy. I'm doing the same thing in reverse next month bringing the Mercedes back from Rome........

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
We're weathering the storm near Sarratt. Plenty of rain and a few flooded sites but no problems with fuel. Worst weather we've ever had this time of the year. River Dordogne rose over 12 feet during the week near us.

[Smug face on] Just back from a week in the Lake District. Beautiful weather every day - sunny, very warm but with a little bit of a breeze to take the edge off the heat. Not a drop of rain all week, clear blue skies every day. [Smug face off]

Come on, I had to be smug, how often do you get to stay in the UK, the Lakes in particular, and say with confidence that it's been better than France! I've even got a tan, and I'm a shade worshipper through and through - I've been away before now in the UK where I've stood a higher chance of getting trenchfoot rather than a tan!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Just arrived home after travelling from Burgundy.

No problems with floods or fuel. Didn't see any filling stations out of fuel. One had the 98 octane pump out of use but derv and regular unleaded all ok.

Weather was miserable however. We have had our place in Burgundy for 11 years and this was the worst May weather by far.

We will be heading back there at the end of June and don't anticipate any problems, (as long as the weather has improved, that is)!

?

Deleted User
Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy. I'm doing the same thing in reverse next month bringing the Mercedes back from Rome........
Belgium Luxembourg Germany, Switzerland, Italy. Need the Luxembourg for the cheap contraband at Route66. :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back