Free overnight stops in Amsterdam or the Hague? (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Hi
We are visiting friends and family in Amsterdam and the Hague this weekend and wondered if anyone had any tips for easily accessible free spots to park? Camper contact has a few paying (not cheap) Aires type places but we're on a bit of a mission to camp wild to save money.
Any tips greatly appreciated p

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
can your friends not suggest anywhere

I think you will need to get your hand in your pocket from my experience in Holland

Its nice to save a bit, but when will it end, will you push the MH to save some more :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
May be too late- sorry,but we are just back from Amsterdam city camp: and on leaving found free camping near there! we came out of the aire turned right( road blocked left) straight across the lights at end of this road. We were heading to main road about 300 yes down this street- but road was shut so we had to go right at the last junction before main road. This was opposite big factory's and or Peugot garage with canal lhs factory's rhs.There were several vans there in shady spot lots spaces with garages over the verge if they were big. Looked like people had been there some time. Looked lovely too. All other street parking on roads nearer City Camp was dodgy- we biked along roads and there was broken glass from Windows everywhere. Hope you have great time if still there xx

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
wondered if anyone had any tips for easily accessible free spots to park? Camper contact has a few paying (not cheap) Aires type places

Campercontact is owned and operated by the NKC (Dutch Camper Club) and also employs +/- 20 volunteers to keep the information on the site up-to-date,

so If they are not listed in Campercontact in all probability they don't exist ....

as said.. wild camping is illegal in the Netherlands..

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
May be too late- sorry,but we are just back from Amsterdam city camp: and on leaving found free camping near there! we came out of the aire turned right( road blocked left) straight across the lights at end of this road. We were heading to main road about 300 yes down this street- but road was shut so we had to go right at the last junction before main road. This was opposite big factory's and or Peugot garage with canal lhs factory's rhs.There were several vans there in shady spot lots spaces with garages over the verge if they were big. Looked like people had been there some time. Looked lovely too. All other street parking on roads nearer City Camp was dodgy- we biked along roads and there was broken glass from Windows everywhere. Hope you have great time if still there xx
City camp wants some beating, not free, but secure and free ferry straight to the railway station.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
errr wildcamping in holland is illegal and the fine is more than paying for a campsite
The only time I wild camped in Amsterdam I was parked between two caravans in a suburban street for one night. Amsterdam strikes me as a fairly wild city to be wildcamping in, especially if you have a shiny foreign MH.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back