LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Days of planning ! Done routes -back up routes -Aires -back up Aires; list of lists created and now all completed....notes for cat sitters who are house/ cat sitting .......food for first day done packed.. Euros gotten,passports checked x3,House cleaned so not shown up when cat sitters arrive. Phones ,cameras ready. Print out of places to go printed. Clothes ,shoes packed after checking weather- bikes ready to go on rack.Did I mention spent weekend cleaning van in and out?as well as checking fuel water windscreen stuff. Roadwork m way checking now so we know when best to set off.You may wonder where we are going- and for how long. So Sadly it is a long weekend to Amsterdam.... We are hardly the spontaneous types! We feel other Funsters may think we need Psychological help. Don't ask what we both do for a living . But hoping to set off and stop obsessing any moment now. Amsterdam City camp here we come and thanks for all helpful threads about Holland xx

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Days of planning ! Done routes -back up routes -Aires -back up Aires; list of lists created and now all completed....notes for cat sitters who are house/ cat sitting .......food for first day done packed.. Euros gotten,passports checked x3,House cleaned so not shown up when cat sitters arrive. Phones ,cameras ready. Print out of places to go printed. Clothes ,shoes packed after checking weather- bikes ready to go on rack.Did I mention spent weekend cleaning van in and out?as well as checking fuel water windscreen stuff. Roadwork m way checking now so we know when best to set off.
I would love to be that organised. Have a wonderful time.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Blimey I'm worn out just reading that lot.
We're just the opposite never plan anything just book ferries and then go with the flow.
Have a good un:)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Forestboy - I wish wish wish I could do that!! Not quite got off yet- re checking list and had to turf cat out of drop down bed- she was not on list to be packed no idea what list she was working from xx

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Brolly and wet weather gear always in van.. Glastonbury becons.. you should see the lists for that!!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'd need a holiday after all that planning :)

I'm on nightshift tonight then head to Hull for the Ferry to Zeebrugge, so looking through stuff now to pack van and or plan is to head roughly in the area of Interlaken. We might get there we might not the only think on our trip that's a must is to collect our daughter on the 10 in Geneva as she finishes her Interrailing trip round Europe, to me that's a planned trip :)

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
'roughly in the area' ! gives me palpitations to think of that degree of spontaneity xx have fab time- As you see we are not exactly on the road yet ; last min checks and cup of coffee.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We feel other Funsters may think we need Psychological help.

Never met a FUNster who didn't.

Have fun, be careful which cafes you go in. Be prepared to avert your eyes in some parts.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have lists of lists. Even the dog has a list (y) Then there's the lists of things to do before you can leave .:( +the list of things to be purchased/assembled that people want in the Uk. That's took 4 days on its own.lol:cry:

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
We haven't got a list of these cafes!!Aieee -error ? We intend to be viewing the photography exhibition,may need to make a new list when we get to the cafe scene. Really leaving now - as roads a mare apparently on route to chunnel. First time underground in van ....

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Got to Amsterdam city camp after multiple ordeals on roads/ at petrol stations ( card/ bank error took hour to sort) but this is fab place .. Parking basic but camping is in midst of really trendy bars art houses and cafes. Been over to centre on free ferry in day ; came back at 7 pm been all round this side had great meal and sat by bonfire in trendy eatery. There so much to see outside campsite - an up an coming area. Campsite q full . But riding pushbike in city centre of Amsterdam NOT good sport unless very very brave an' fearless. Walking out tomorrow

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Ferry on Sunday from hull to Europoort, then northern Germany, sail to Sweden, not booked, then travel up Sweden and some where turn left into Norway, and then somehow back to Europoort .
This is being organised !!!

P.s. Beer and boxes of wine already in the van.....this is being organised, oh yes, gin and tonics also packed, must keep swmbo happy !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back