• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Large rear Garage, fixed king size, LHD... (1 Viewer)

lammyboy

Free Member
Apr 28, 2016
Surrey (for now) :)
Funster No
MH
not yet acquired
Exp
2 holidays in UK
Hi...

As I don't know all the models I thought it would be more efficient to ask for what I want -

I don't mind the make but I do want low'ish miles and documentation to support its servicing.

As for the garage, I'd like to put my Vespa 300GTS inside, its dimensions are as follows;
Length 1930 mm
Width 755 mm (900 mm including mirrors that can come off of course)
Wheelbase 1370 mm
Height 1300 mm

We would like it LHD BUT NOT ESSENTIAL ! as we will be only in Europe
Large fixed bed ( I roll about a lot :) )

An awning would be a plus
Being able to use the roof as a sun terrace would be good

After that, we want to be comfy as we will be away on the road for maybe a year...

Price, eeerrr ummm I guess we would be willing to spend up to £40k for the right MH but would prefer to spend £30k

We are willing to travel to find the right MH, even to Europe

We will have cash to buy!

Probably lots Ive missed but open to your suggestions....

Thanks!

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Try mobile.de
You should pick up what you want in your price range :)

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,

I think you have the max height slightly wrong. I have a a 300 GTS and it fits in my Carthago C-tourer garage which is only 1200mm high. Without checking, I think the height, without mirrors is 1180mm. In theory it should not quite get through my garage door but the ramp angle helps and as the wheel pops over the lip it then just fits. I saw and spoke to someone with exactly the same motorhome and a Vespa 300 before I bought mine so I knew it would fit before I parted with the money.

Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Have a look at the Rapido 666 ( only the French would give the Devils number to a motorhome ),
There is a RHD at Brownhills for £52 K brand new and i did see one advertised in wales , 2 years old around £32 k .
It is the only MH we have seen that would make us change our 6.8 m Fendt mobil ,

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We are considering selling our 05 Frankia A800GD around September. Large garage, large payload, awning etc. PM me for more details if you are interested

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
@lammyboy
We have a 2002 B694G 7.6 mts long huge garage carried a 650cc Kawasaki Versys for 5 years now a Honda SH300I plus all the other stuff.
Huge transverse bed proper bathroom with big shower. Smallish kitchen and really nice big lounge with some space.
Double floor fully winterised and massive payload 5 tonne gross weight.
2.8 jtd cruise all day fully loaded at 60mph and 24/25 mpg
Don't come up for sale often but occasionally see one on Mobilede and within your budget.

Frankia make a similar van but don't know model no.
Also the Hymer S820 a few within your budget now awesome van but a bit too long for us its well over 8 mts.

Not that many vans will do what you're expecting it took us a while to find ours. Had it 5 years 50000 miles now best van we've ever had.
Good luck.

OP
OP
lammyboy

lammyboy

Free Member
Apr 28, 2016
Surrey (for now) :)
Funster No
MH
not yet acquired
Exp
2 holidays in UK
@lammyboy
We have a 2002 B694G 7.6 mts long huge garage carried a 650cc Kawasaki Versys for 5 years now a Honda SH300I plus all the other stuff.
Huge transverse bed proper bathroom with big shower. Smallish kitchen and really nice big lounge with some space.
Double floor fully winterised and massive payload 5 tonne gross weight.
2.8 jtd cruise all day fully loaded at 60mph and 24/25 mpg
Don't come up for sale often but occasionally see one on Mobilede and within your budget.

Frankia make a similar van but don't know model no.
Also the Hymer S820 a few within your budget now awesome van but a bit too long for us its well over 8 mts.

Not that many vans will do what you're expecting it took us a while to find ours. Had it 5 years 50000 miles now best van we've ever had.
Good luck.
Is it for sale ?

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Hope you find the one you are looking for but at that price Im sure you will find the perfect van

Ours will be up for sale next April many many extra's Ive been told off by Lynne so many times for getting new things fitted I keep telling her we need them :D:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back