La Rochelle, Chatelaillon Plage, Fouras?? (1 Viewer)

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
For month of June I need to stay in La Rochelle area (waiting for sailing partner to arrive here). Will have car as well as motorhome and wish to stay on campsite, so will explore area on bike or car Ile D'oleron etc. Has anyone stayed on sites in La Rochelle, Chatelaillon Plage or Fouras and can recommend or anywhere else with 30 mins driving of La Rochelle? Don't like sites that are too big/commercial but all seem that way in this area.

Deleted User
We have stopped at Camping au Port Punay just south of Chatelaillon, not too big and in the ACSI discount scheme.

Easy access to Chatelaillon and the main road to La Rochelle.

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Agree with above post port punay nice Acsi site

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mother Ship

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
I have just taken a look at Port Punay website and see the wifi is chargeable, has anyone stayed on a site with free wifi? I believe Camping Le Cadoret at Fouras has free wifi but I do have 3 data sim if needed!

Baggers53

Free Member
Dec 30, 2013
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
There are plenty of Aires in and around La Rochelle.
We stayed in Chatelaillon at I`Ocean, booked in for 3 nights and ended up staying 7.
Again there are 3 Aires around this town too.
If you want to cycle the area is fabulous...but go over to the Ile du Reand its even better.
Enjoy, its a great area to holiday.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
If you want to cycle the area is fabulous...but go over to the Ile du Reand its even better.
Enjoy, its a great area to holiday.

Agree re Ile de Re. We go there every year for about 5 days of cycling. Just pack up a picnic or take euros for lunch, get on one of the numerous miles of bike tracks and off you go. Beautiful.

OP
OP
Mother Ship

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Agree re Ile de Re. We go there every year for about 5 days of cycling. Just pack up a picnic or take euros for lunch, get on one of the numerous miles of bike tracks and off you go. Beautiful.
Thanks, it's so good to hear others experiences in an area going to, I have plans to cycle on the Ile de Re and also explore on cycle Ile d'Oleron although don't want to be based on either.

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Il De Re has miles of easy cycling a lovely island stayed on the very Ist Aire as you go over the bridge right next to the beach.
Bus or cycle into La Rochelle fresh fish in the harbour restaurants Mmmm.
And look out for the Hummingbird Moths just as its getting dark my mate managed to get a video of one last time.
Enjoy(y)(y)

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Thanks, it's so good to hear others experiences in an area going to, I have plans to cycle on the Ile de Re and also explore on cycle Ile d'Oleron although don't want to be based on either.
There are some wonderful campsites on there, nearly all with pools and lots in woodland. It truly is a beautiful place to base yourself. Harbours, walks, gorgeous beaches, wonderful restaurants and places of interest.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back