Just become a first time mh owner (1 Viewer)

Loubyjane

Free Member
May 30, 2016
Melton Mowbray
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Newish
Good evening!

After hiring a 6 berth for 3 weeks in Greece last year and catching the bug, and many months scouring the various types available, we finally decided on a Rimor Superbrig 695tc and collected it on the 19th May.

My husband and I were so prepared by the time we collected it that we eagerly set off after school finished the next day for a weekend wild camping in Wales. (We have 2 sons 14 & 16 and 3 border collie dogs we take)

I'm pleased to report it was a complete success, I forgot to mention that when we hired hubby was the only one who drove it due to the way the guy who we hired it from restricted the insurance, but now he's currently in plaster, so it's down to me to do the driving.

I suddenly remembered when collecting it from the dealership in hull, the biggest thing I've ever driven is a large 4x4. Having just been handed the keys to my dream I wasn't going to let it worry me!

I can honestly say after 3 days in Wales last week and this weekend 4 days in Norfolk I'm now into 1100+ miles and loving every minute!

I have taken the approach of best to be safe than sorry, which is how we approached things in Greece, 2 weeks in Greece and only 1 night in a campsite. But I have parallel parked, negotiated with no space, I have tried to find the most useful learning routes possible, parking up at home is a huge challenge, our van has 15cm clearance either side of the van up a steep narrow drive of about 140mtrs in a very narrow village, it's tight and takes a few wiggles, but at least it saves on storage.

Our second weekend away this weekend to Norfolk was a good weekend too, this time we cooked everything ourselves and still wild camped. Although the constant no motorhomes or no over night sleeping signs and height restricted car parks were annoying and disappointing.

We are off down to vanbitz at the end of this week to get a growler fitted.

Looking forward to getting to know you all

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi and welcome.
Not wishing to dampen your excitement but......7mtr+ and 6 berth at 3500kg !!!!!

I would load up ready for a trip, including the boys and dogs, and then visit a public weighbridge.
I dont know the van but I would say its close to, if not over, the max weight.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello :pink: To Fun sounds as if you are made for motorhoming :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Loubyjane

Loubyjane

Free Member
May 30, 2016
Melton Mowbray
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Newish
Hi and welcome.
Not wishing to dampen your excitement but......7mtr+ and 6 berth at 3500kg !!!!!

I would load up ready for a trip, including the boys and dogs, and then visit a public weighbridge.
I dont know the van but I would say its close to, if not over, the max weight.

The new one we've bought isn't a 6 berth it's a 4 seated and at a push sleeps 5.

The payload is about 600kg so is tight if we carry the dogs kids and other stuff too but we don't take bikes or lots of "stuff"

Hubby can drive up to 7000 on his license and I'm planning on doing the class 2 test just so we can get more stuff loaded in the future should we wish.

Thanks for the heads up though!!

Thanks for the welcoming too everyone

OP
OP
Loubyjane

Loubyjane

Free Member
May 30, 2016
Melton Mowbray
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Newish
We pick up our Europeo 95 Plus from Hull in two weeks....can't wait !!

They're great up there very helpful!

Looking forward to seeing what you get up to, it's very exciting waiting for the collection day, but if like us you want to get started asap it's hectic trying to get everything ready for when you bring it home.

Be warned you won't get your ehu cable included in the van so if like us you didn't know, you'll need to order one online or collect one in preparation.

Really excited for you

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Hello and welcome from a very windy Norfolk this evening

:pink:

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
We have got lots of plans for the future and can't wait to get started!!

Thanks for the info about EHU cable,will get that organised this week.

OP
OP
Loubyjane

Loubyjane

Free Member
May 30, 2016
Melton Mowbray
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Newish
Hello and welcome from a very windy Norfolk this evening

:pink:
Wow yes it was very windy this morning until we left after lunchtime the wind was blowing so hard my smallest collie got blown off his feet in weybourne.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Hi and :pink: to Norfolk,OH sorry too late, bye from Norfolk, but,:welc: to FUN:laughing:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
2016-05-02-07-04-07-910145456.jpeg

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
:hiya2: And welcome to Fun and motorhoming.....exciting times ahead! Enjoy :happy:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
:hiya: and :pink:. Respect for driving your new vehicle. More and more women are doing the driving. One day I might be shamed into having a go myself!!!

Hope you continue to enjoy your trips and maybe see you here one day.

OP
OP
Loubyjane

Loubyjane

Free Member
May 30, 2016
Melton Mowbray
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Newish
:hiya: and :pink:. Respect for driving your new vehicle. More and more women are doing the driving. One day I might be shamed into having a go myself!!!

Hope you continue to enjoy your trips and maybe see you here one day.
Honestly it's not that bad, I probably would say in many ways it's easier than a small car due to being high up, it's just the rear overhang that is awkward as at slow speeds it can really pivot out, but you'll know that by now.

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back