Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all
I'm after a recommendation for a site in York area which we'll use for a night on the way to Scotland, preferably with water/ waste points as our next stop is Selkirk to visit friends
Thanks in advance
Dave

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
I ask a similar question last week, and Your Marina looks very nice. Pitches right next to the water as well. Small site, just 3 to 4 miles outside of York. www.yorkmarina.co.uk

We collect our new MH (our first MH!) tomorrow, and may well book in here on our maiden run out:)

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I ask a similar question last week, and Your Marina looks very nice. Pitches right next to the water as well. Small site, just 3 to 4 miles outside of York. www.yorkmarina.co.uk

We collect our new MH (our first MH!) tomorrow, and may well book in here on our maiden run out:)

Thanks Nigel, I'll take a look at that.
Good luck with the new motorhome, hope all goes well and you have many happy travels (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
If no children, The Lysander Arms at Clifton Moor is great, it's a small site next to the pub, does great food.
York Marina is nice too.
Or if you can get in Rowntree Park CC is 10 min walk from city centre.

Lin :)

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
If no children, The Lysander Arms at Clifton Moor is great, it's a small site next to the pub, does great food.
York Marina is nice too.

Thanks Lin, no kids just 2 hounds :)

Deleted User
@Dave K They are fine ours go with us, they can even go in the pub in the bar area, not in dining room, but you can have food in bar.
Plenty of places to walk them too.

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
@Dave K They are fine ours go with us, they can even go in the pub in the bar area, not in dining room, but you can have food in bar.
Plenty of places to walk them too.

Now I wish we were staying longer than just overnight....I'll have to bear it in mind for another trip

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for all your help, managed to get in York Marina site for the night, only £22.50 for everything, looks a lovely site as well (y)

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Got to say I was a bit disappointed with the York Marina site, the toilet block was being rebuilt so no facilities other than walking into the marina and using their facilities (this wasn't explained at time of booking) we had a pitch right next to the car park (doesn't look like that on the website) and our neighbour stayed outside until 11.30 drinking and she had a cough that made me think she wouldn't see the morning....although she still managed to smoke fags all night, all in all I'm glad it was only a quick visit.

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks Dave K, that's very interesting. We were just about to book a couple of nights there.
Once the new facilities are completed, would you think that it is still worth considering? If so, we may well delay and go a bit later in the year.
It's funny how websites can give a totally different view to what the actual reality is!

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Dave K, that's very interesting. We were just about to book a couple of nights there.
Once the new facilities are completed, would you think that it is still worth considering? If so, we may well delay and go a bit later in the year.
It's funny how websites can give a totally different view to what the actual reality is!

I think it depends on what you want from your stay Nigel, the small site is right next to the cafe, the food is decent but overpriced, but the site is right next to the main car park so everybody that uses the cafe is walking through the little site to get to it. When I saw the website I was expecting something better, but then we do prefer a bit of peace and quiet, might be worth calling in and having a look if you're local at some point, I don't want to put you off, I'm sure there are lots of happy customers!
Dave

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
York Marina is nice too.

Thumbs up for the Lysander arms fully serviced pitches bit pricey £25 a night we have been using it for years long before it became only 13 pitches(y)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Stayed at York marina a couple or so years ago, and I were just contemplating trying to climb the fence there have i think, been changes since then. We were parked on the carpark as camping area was flooded, was lent an extra long electric lead as my 2 together couldn't reach hook up. Reasonable bus service, retail outlet within walking distance.
Just hope entry fob system has improved, SiL and i were just contemplating climbing the fence when a fellow camper came to let us in. He said he always checked the card as he had been caught out before.

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Thumbs up for the Lysander arms fully serviced pitches bit pricey £25 a night we have been using it for years long before it became only 13 pitches(y)

I paid £22.50 at York Marina and had no chance of emptying waste tank because I couldn't get the van near it, same with drinking water, so £25 doesn't sound too bad at all (y)

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
I paid £22.50 at York Marina and had no chance of emptying waste tank because I couldn't get the van near it, same with drinking water, so £25 doesn't sound too bad at all (y)

Every pitch has got its own toilet emptying point;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back