Floor hatch lifts up at 60mph (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
He have a Swift Sundance 590 RL which we have only had a month but every time we go on the motorway the floor hatch to access the water tank lifts of the floor and moves about.

Is this just us or a common problem. Have wondered about fitting draught excluder around to make it a tighter fit unless any one has a better suggestion.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I had this on a previous van and solved it by putting a stainless steel screw on each side of the hatch. tightened the fit enough to keep it held tight. removal was just a case of taking out the four screws and took seconds with a battery drill

?

Deleted User
Chuck a rug over it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Our Swift Bessie had the same floor hatch, but it was fitted with a push fit catch like this

The female bit was screwed to the side wall, below the hatch and the male part was fitted to the hatch itself. One at the front and one at the rear of the hatch

$(KGrHqN,!pEFJCuHe4I(BSQyVppJ6w~~60_57.JPG

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Only happened with our Bessacarr if we had the windows open, solved with some velcro to hold it down. Probably need to replace it but has lasted around 4 years.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
When I had a slightly modified M G Midget I used to keep 2 cwt of cement in the boot , to keep the arse down, stop it from breaking away on corners.
So! you can solve your prob for under £10:hi5:

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Thank you, for your suggestions.

the odd flaw in some of those cunning plans.

The cases of wine and beer would work a treat going but the empty boxes on the way home, not so well LoL

Swift have already tried the carpet suggestion as we have the clip down carpet - so you trip over an unexpected lump under the carpet (the hatch) and risk falling down the hole covered over by carpet.

As designated driver, although my bulk would hold the hatch down my legs would be too darn short to reach the pedals.

Unlikely to get Jane near it, she says "you can see the road" as she refitted the hatch going up th M4 earlier this weekend.

The clips or screws could work will have a look tomorrow and now you mention immigrants perhaps the screw idea sounds more secure and reminds me off to Ireland on the 22nd June so better organise our postal votes!!

Thank you, everyone

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back