Help....i can't find the light switch!! (1 Viewer)

Timireson

Free Member
Apr 1, 2016
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
Helllooooo
Finally have our new shinny motorhome - it's a chausson 718eb welcome-we love it. Had a few nights away and it's fab.

But can't figure out how to turn one of the lights off-not the best for sleeping, we ended up switching all the lights off!! I've looked everywhere and now going Insane. Sat here at vantbitz waiting for my new alarm in the morning thought I would be able to figure it without with the kids, but alas, NO!!!!

It's the 'mood lighting' behind the bed, it's an acrylic strip running the length of the headboard.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Tim.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Haven't got a clue but enjoy your new motorhome.
Ps when you are walking around Taunton tomorrow can I suggest you buy a torch. (y)

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There might be a remote control like a mini TV controller?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If it is the sort of lighting that you can alter the colour on then it is more than likely controlled remotely as DBK has said ... have you got any little remote control devices sitting around anywhere - not very large usually.

Upvote 0

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
If it's like our chausson it a tiny button on the left hand side, on the end. A push in one. Hard to explain.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Sounds similar to one on our Hymer. Ours is a long strip of LEDs along the front of the drop down bed. It comes on with mood lights and doesn't seem to have a separate switch.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Timireson

Free Member
Apr 1, 2016
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
Thanks for the replies, I've found the ones on the end of the other lights just not for this one, been in every cupboard looking for a hidden switch, chausson do like to hide some of them!!! No they don't change colour so not expecting a remote - would of liked one of those - disco time!!
Looks like I'll have to phone the dealer tomorrow and give in on my ego!!! I even looked in the instructions book but that thing proves why I never look at instructions books!!! Generic or what!! Lights: use switch provided!!
Tkm

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
You looked at the instructions!!! :eek: You wimp. A proper bloke would just have sat in the dark! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Upvote 0

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Chausson:banghead: or are they all makes the same, love KCY to bits and suits us just fine but still haven't, after 18months, managed to get the sat nav to obey instructions so still carry the old TomTom with us. I almost know the manual verbatim but that still doesn't mean it has the answers.
let us know the answer to the switch, I shall 'watch' the thread.

Upvote 0

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Helllooooo
But can't figure out how to turn one of the lights off-not the best for sleeping, we ended up switching all the lights off!! I've looked everywhere and now going Insane."

Hello and welcome Tim. Don't worry it's all part of the fun and discovery of owning a motorhome! :)

We've had our Bessacarr for almost two years now and only yesterday I discovered a new storage space. :rolleyes:

KH

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If it's mood lighting have you tried changing moods to see if light changes with you :). Haven't got a clue sorry

Upvote 0

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Rip the van to pieces and follow the switch wire, sorry, like Gerry I haven't a clue either. Eddies boys might be able to help though.

Griff

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Haven't a clue but we've had our van nearly two years and Rob only discovered cruise control last summer(n) He is like a kid with a new toy!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Timireson

Free Member
Apr 1, 2016
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
After much searching I decided it must be missed wired. After a few calls to dealer they agreed. So I'm not completely mad!!!
Thanks for the help
T.

Upvote 0
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Not miswired, same problem on our fixed bed 515. You can turn off all the lights via the main switches/pushbuttons, and that kills the headboard mood lighting, and you have to use the over bed spots.

Reactions: kcy
Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
I remember when we bought a Rapido from Hayes Leisure having to ring Mr Hayes to ask him where the light switch was for the Bathroom.

Reactions: kcy
Upvote 0

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
we have a switch that does not appear to activate anything. Maybe it's yours.

Upvote 0
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
You're not missing much, a strip of leds immediately behind the headboard of the fixed bed and another just above the overbed storage locker. Cost about £5 at most to put in if bought from ebay, but it was already there when we bought the van new.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back