Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Heading off next week to Aberdeenshire, then Skye, then I'm not sure. For a variety of reasons, I'm using one of the C&CC's Certificated Sites for the first couple of nights, then a CC CL (that's CC, CL)
for 4 nights, after which nothing booked.
These small exclusive (hmmmmm, I don't think they all ask for proof of membership) sites are the only reason I'm still in both clubs. In the absence of an "Aires" type system, I think they're great.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The C&CC CS owners tend to ask for membership. The CC CL owners not so much :whistle:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we once stayed on a CL near Stratford with about 50 caravans, was back in the 70's though, but have been many places with much more than 5 units, I guess it averages out at well under 5 / night over the whole year though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I've just rejoined the C&CC (am already in CC) because it was cheaper to pay the additional membership than use CC sites on our way to Scotland in a few weeks. Three nights on a CL as opposed to the cost of one on a CC Site. Outrageous prices quite honestly for a parking place some electric and a shower! The other benefits of CL is very often being able to get nearer to towns and villages or the pub!

Once your up in Scotland's West Coast @Candapack you can enjoy the glorious freedom of Wild Camping. Nothing quite like pulling up at some glorious location and simply staying the night. You don't even have to worry about using and wild camping spots from maps for locations, as long as you respect any signs or private property and park safely. Observe the 'Country Code' we even have a tidy up of litter if it's needed when we move on. Very few CL's anyway in Scotland. Enjoy your trip!

PS I have a few nice Skye parking spots if you want them, complete with breathtaking views at no extra cost!

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our CC membership is up for renewal on Wednesday. We considered cancelling it but decided not to even though we have not used one of their sites, or even a CL, for a couple of years. At less than a quid a week the access it provides to CLs is enough value.

I suppose anyone who doesn't like the fact that the CC and C&CC have a members only policy could always try to persuade CL/CS owners to transfer and become CFLs :)

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We considered cancelling it but decided not to even though we have not used one of their sites, or even a CL, for a couple of years

Isn't that a complete waste of money if not used for years ? Have you thought about using the money for brit stop book or similar ? May get more use. Altho you cld be extremely wealthy and not bothered :)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Isn't that a complete waste of money if not used for years ? Have you thought about using the money for brit stop book or similar ? May get more use. Altho you cld be extremely wealthy and not bothered :)

Ex council employee, used to spending other peoples money willy nilly, and just can't get out of the habit even now that its his own he's spending.:D

Ian

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not wealthy but it depends how one values opportunity I suppose :) I have tools that I hardly ever use as well - but when one needs a particular tool then having the right one makes the job so much easier :)
I actually won the Britstop book in a competition on here last year and we never used any of the places listed in it, both because there was nowhere convenient to where we wanted to be and because we just fancy staying in a pub car park just to make a landlord a bit of extra money. We would be much more likely to use a proper CL than a pub car park anyway :)
Ex council employee, used to spending other peoples money willy nilly, and just can't get out of the habit even now that its his own he's spending.:D

Ian
OI!! :LOL:

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Yes, usually 10%

Well that's worth knowing, thank you, I've spent more than five hundred quid on the tunnel since having C and CC membership! I do it mainly for the RAC benefit for older vans but 10% on the tunnel would be a bonus!

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Well that's worth knowing, thank you, I've spent more than five hundred quid on the tunnel since having C and CC membership! I do it mainly for the RAC benefit for older vans but 10% on the tunnel would be a bonus!
They discount ferries to and if you need to change details etc are easy to deal with via their travel department

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Our CC membership is up for renewal on Wednesday. We considered cancelling it but decided not to even though we have not used one of their sites, or even a CL, for a couple of years. At less than a quid a week the access it provides to CLs is enough value.

I suppose anyone who doesn't like the fact that the CC and C&CC have a members only policy could always try to persuade CL/CS owners to transfer and become CFLs :)
best not to renew till you need to use it? i wonder how much these two clubs take from people who still have it after theyve stopped traveling but still have a standing order

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
best not to renew till you need to use it? i wonder how much these two clubs take from people who still have it after theyve stopped traveling but still have a standing order
We could do, I suppose, but we weighed it up and decided the convenience factor came out on top.
I shouldn't have thought many people will leave a DD in place once they've stopped travelling :)

Deleted User
I much prefer to use C/Ls and C/S sites. The biggest drawback is in wet weather there is always the risk of getting stuck on a grass field. I prefer a grass pitch when when the weather is bad you can't beat a bit of hard standing.

Spongy

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We like to mix and match. Sites for when we fancy spending an afternoon sitting outside while the washing gets done and having a shower for as long as we want. We prefer sites or CLs within cycling distance of a shop, a pub or something interesting to see.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We're in both clubs too... not sure If we used the cc at all last year but we use the c&cc regularly. Would always choose a site or cl over wild camping. But if there was no choice we have no issues stopping beside a wee munro. Just rather not.
Remember it's our choice

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back