Bridging Loans? (2 Viewers)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We're currently buying a property here in Lanzarote and the seller is allowing us a few months extra to fund the purchase. We have 2/3rds already and selling a property in UK to raise the balance.

We're sure it will sell OK, but want to plan for any problems. If there's a delay we need a short term fix.
But we have no earnings income.

I've been reading about bridging loans. Seem to be about 1% per month. Don't mind paying, to avoid losing our deposit.

Or are there other alternatives?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Go for any alternative you can find, looked into one last month for similar to you, quoted 1.5% / month plus about £4K in fees, cant repay anything until end of agreed term in my case 9 months, but if not able to complete then (house not sold) interest goes to 3% / month.

I was quoted even worse terms that those elsewhere

Might as well go to Wonga (y)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Banks dont want to know even if you have mega mega security, there are people doing bridging loans allegedly at 1% per month but I would be very carefull and read the small print very thoroughly as they can be very expensive

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Bridging can quickly get expensive if the property doesn't sell.
We were in a similar position 3 years ago looked at bridging loan but decided against it. Instead we managed to get a 12 month interest only mortgage luckily we only paid 1 month before the property sold but it gave us 12 months to sell at a known fixed cost before having to renegotiate.
Might be worth looking at(y)
Good luck.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
May well prove difficult.

Been a customer of HSBC for many years with excellent credit rating. When moving house last year I was told "Sorry Sir, we don't do them anymore".

End of discussion!

Aug 19, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Concord
Exp
Since 2009
The simple answer is don't take a Bridging Loan ! The reason that the seller is happy to give you more time is because there isn't a que of other prospective buyers in front of you to buy the property. Fate is a funny thing - if you are meant to have the property - you will have it. My pound will be on the seller agreeing to wait until you have all of the money !! Cheers Rob

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Go for any alternative you can find, looked into one last month for similar to you, quoted 1.5% / month plus about £4K in fees, cant repay anything until end of agreed term in my case 9 months, but if not able to complete then (house not sold) interest goes to 3% / month.

I was quoted even worse terms that those elsewhere

Might as well go to Wonga (y)

4k in"fees" . that's the **ss take.:(

Deleted User
Depending on how much you need out of the property in UK.
There are those companies that buy at less than market value think they give 75%.
Which is a big hit, but as there are no estate agent fees and they pay your legal fees, cash in 7 days. It could be worth doing.
Not used myself and would depend on the figures working for you.

Lin :)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Depending on how much you need out of the property in UK.
There are those companies that buy at less than market value think they give 75%.
Which is a big hit, but as there are no estate agent fees and they pay your legal fees, cash in 7 days. It could be worth doing.
Not used myself and would depend on the figures working for you.

Shysters and con artists....

They only buy your house if they have someone on their books looking for that type of property and in the correct area.
Glorified estate agents but in reverse....they dont have houses to sell....only clients looking to buy.

Deleted User

They only buy your house if they have someone on their books looking for that type of property and in the correct area.
Glorified estate agents but in reverse....they dont have houses to sell....only clients looking to buy.
Duno never used them, sounds same as the companies that buy MH for knock down price, if you need the money and can take the hit can't see why it's a con. Wouldn't take long to find out as some guarantee cash in 7 days.
I believe a lot of them are utilised by people who have inherited property and don't want to waste time with viewings etc.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

Agree completely sept my description of those clowns would have been far worse !!!

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Banks are no longer as trustworthy as they once were!

There are plenty of business owners who can tell you about their businesses being pushed under so the bank could seize the freehold assets securing their loan!

Be very careful! If there is the remote chance it could go wrong it probably will! The banks can afford to use the best legal brains to tie the terms up into unintelligible legal speak, so long, that you lose the will to live trying to read and understand it.

How many copies of their terms and conditions do you get every year and how small is the print and how long are they!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back