South Cumbria (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Any one any suggestions for MH storage in South Cumbria. I live between Windermere and Kendal. Nearest CaSSOA Sites are Carnforth and Bardsea both about 20 miles away.

Aug 12, 2012
SOUTH LAKES
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Iclass 740
Exp
since 2010
Hi Paul, you could try Grate Farm at Prizet, just off the Kendal by pass. I'm pretty sure they have room. £300 a year come and go as you please and we've been there these past 2 years without a hint of any trouble. Don't know the number but will be in the book, ask for Nancy.

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Hi Paul, you could try Grate Farm at Prizet, just off the Kendal by pass. I'm pretty sure they have room. £300 a year come and go as you please and we've been there these past 2 years without a hint of any trouble. Don't know the number but will be in the book, ask for Nancy.

Thanks @dally location is ideal. We have a MH on order so will take a look. Any problems with insurance as its not a CaSSOA Site? Do you ;eave your car there when using your MH? Thanks Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 12, 2012
SOUTH LAKES
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Iclass 740
Exp
since 2010
Hi Paul, no problems with insurance, I just named the site location as it's over night address. It didn't add anything to the premiums, that's with Safegard insurance. As for the car, yes, we leave our car in our allotted space while we are away. This is also a good indication to the owners that there isn't a problem with who might have taken the van. Access is open but it's through the farm and past the owners house. It's a working farm so expect there to be a bit of muck about. On the whole, it's ideally situated and the price is reasonable. Have a look, Nancy won't mind.

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Thanks @dally went and had a look today, Phil showed us round, we will definitely be using it once our van arrives, hopefully in September.

Aug 12, 2012
SOUTH LAKES
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Iclass 740
Exp
since 2010
Nice one Paul. I'll be looking for the new motorhome :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
@dally Unfortunately not until September but can't wait. Have you used a weighbridge and if so where?

Aug 12, 2012
SOUTH LAKES
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Iclass 740
Exp
since 2010
Hi Paul. I haven't I'm afraid. The nearest one, if it still exists is at Carnforth, left turn just before railway bridge which is just before Callender caravans. I think it belongs to Thursby's but it's been a long long time since I've heard it being mentioned.
At the risk of being controversial, I have never worried about the weight of the motorhome nor have I ever been stopped by the police. If fact, considering I have been lorry driving for 30 years, I have only been stopped and weighed maybe 5 times. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back