Liverpool (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Off to Liverpool on Sunday for a couple of days to try a few pubs. Thought I'd take in some culture as well. The Maritime Museum is on my list, anywhere else anyone thinks is a "must see".

Rgds
Bill

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We were there a couple of weeks ago stayed at cclub Wirral . Missed maritime museum but did go to Matthew St Cavern Club etc, not awe inspiring. The cathedral was interesting, good views from the top of tower

Have fun

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Off to Liverpool on Sunday for a couple of days to try a few pubs. Thought I'd take in some culture as well. The Maritime Museum is on my list, anywhere else anyone thinks is a "must see".

Rgds
Bill
If a Beatles fan the 'Magical Mystery Tour' coach trip is well worth going on. I went on it about ten years back now and it was based at the Albert Dock car park. They just take you around to various Beatle sites, not only the homes where they grew up, but relative places such as Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields etc. The tour guide was brilliant....typical 'scouser' with plenty of sharp witty humour. Never a dull moment!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

snoopster

Free Member
Nov 9, 2008
Funster No
Take the ferry across the Mersey, and/or the Duck around the Albert dock, lots of nice pubs and places to eat around the dock.

Oh and dont forget the Cathederals, and the excellent Liverpool 1 shopping centre.:thumb:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Visit Wirral
U boat at Woodside ferry,tram and transport museum in Taylor Street 10 min. walk from Woodside. Birkenhead Priory 20 min walk. The jewel in the crown is Port Sunlight,Levers model village and the Lady Lever Gallery. West Kirby is a centre for wind surfers recommended eateries,Sweetpea cafe in Acacia Grove and the Marigold chippy in Banks Road well worth it.
Welcome to Wirral - Visit Wirral

So much to see so little time.

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
If you like real ale I always go in the baltic fleet by albert dock just down from the ibis hotel.

Liverpools only brew pub.

Lampie

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
If you like old buildings Speke Hall is worth a visit [ National Trust ] 1/2 timbered Tudor house.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Thanks everyone, I think the cathederals are on as is the Baltic Fleet and a ferry cross the Mersey. We used to dock in Birkenhead and get the ferry across for a run ashore, that was over 30 years ago, OMG I feel old!

Rgds
Bill

mikamada

Free Member
Apr 12, 2009
Funster No
Tate Liverpool at the Albert Dock.
Lady Lever Art Gallery Port Sunlight
Walker Art Gallery
Anthony Gormley's iron men ('another place') on Crosby beach
The Lawnmower Museum,Southport :Smile:
Visit kim in Crosby?:thumb:

Enjoy

kim

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Visit Wirral
U boat at Woodside ferry........
Big difference to the U534 i visited when it was sited at Birkenhead. Then it was still in it's original condition as hauled off the bottom of the ocean, but made safe enough to go inside.

This looks a bit disappointing. The originality what was seems to have been taken away.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Try a night out on the:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug: with PRESS :Doh::Doh:

That'll be memorable believe me:winky::thumb:

Last edited:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
GOODISON PARK....lots of history since 1878, but keep away from anfeild it used to belong to us befor them:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back