Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Well what an eventful weekend.
Narrowed it down to Rapido's a while back but then wobbled yesterday when saw a really nice Pilote which looked even better after a seeing a very tired looking 9066DF.

Today we decided to go to Camper UK to see a 9097F. We stopped a Brownhills on the way. Although they had nothing in stock that interested us. We met a wonderful couple who had a 9096F and were looking to trade it in for a newer Rapido. Got talking and sounded right up our street. 2007 on a 3litre engine, 1 owner from new, recent new upholstery, up plated to 3900kg.
They kindly let us view it only to establish only 2 seat belts . Which was a real shame as it was a lovely MH.

So off to Camper UK we went to view a 2009 9097F. I'd already pre called and was asked to speak to Wez upon arrival.

What a really nice company to deal with. Told me and the wife about the MH, they'd sold it before and serviced it so knew the history. Was in great condition so decided to test drive it.

Wez kindly reversed out of cattle shed as he called it. Passed me the keys. Said enjoy yourselves and to bring it back when ready.

We duly took it for a test drive and it drove better than expected. Not sure what I expected tbh as not driven one on an alko chassis before. But handled really well.

So back to Camperuk we went sat down with Wez and managed to secure a deal which I was happy with. Managed to secure a 2nd leisure battery and solar panel as part of the deal.

So deposit paid and penciled in to pick it up end of June.

Going speak to svtech and Jr consultancy now to see if I can upgrade it from 3700kg to 3900kg. Couple at Brownhills told me theirs was just a paper exercise to upgrade to 3900kg and they have same chassis and wheels.

Now creating a list of things we need to buy lol.

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations on your new van!
we were browsing at brownhills and SMC today! And saw lots of lovely vans!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Very exciting getting a new van. I have always liked Rapido though never had one. Camper UK get great reviews from several Burstner owners I know as they are a big Burstner dealer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Congratulations on finding a motorhome, I thought we were the only ones that had to wait a month for a used vehicle from a dealer.

I hope the time does not drag too much and at least you can go shopping for all the accessories.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Congratulations on finding a motorhome, I thought we were the only ones that had to wait a month for a used vehicle from a dealer.

I hope the time does not drag too much and at least you can go shopping for all the accessories.
TBH end of June was my choice not Campers.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back