Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
That news surprised me ... Another forum no!! Must look!! ;)
Seriously is it a very few spoiling it for the many again?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Just added my details.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Maybe I've missed it, but what is the TRO Number .. ?

all I have is a blank form which needs a TRO number in this box

Proposed Traffic Regulation Order reference *

Googling finds this page .. Link Removed

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
Well GJH, its not as bad as it could be. But now I have read the changes in detail it is not ideal and I have objected to the proposal. Here is the text of my objection.

I am a regular visitor to Hayling in my motorhome. I appreciate the set-up of a dedicated motorhome car-park near the skate park at West Beach which will improve no-end the overnight parking situation and remove conflict with kite surfers in the current allowed overnight parking area.

However I would ask the Council to reconsider a more general parking ban for motorhomes in the other car parks during the day time, particularly the Eastoke Car Park where currently parking for motorhomes under 3500kg is allowed until 10pm.

When we visit we often like to buy food, drinks and supplies at the shops and businesses in Eastoke and without the ability to park there we will not be able to visit the shops, cafe's or business in this area or use the cash point when we overnight at Hayling. This will mean we spend less money on the island and probably will visit less as well, particularly in the Winter.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well GJH, its not as bad as it could be. But now I have read the changes in detail it is not ideal and I have objected to the proposal. Here is the text of my objection.

I am a regular visitor to Hayling in my motorhome. I appreciate the set-up of a dedicated motorhome car-park near the skate park at West Beach which will improve no-end the overnight parking situation and remove conflict with kite surfers in the current allowed overnight parking area.

However I would ask the Council to reconsider a more general parking ban for motorhomes in the other car parks during the day time, particularly the Eastoke Car Park where currently parking for motorhomes under 3500kg is allowed until 10pm.

When we visit we often like to buy food, drinks and supplies at the shops and businesses in Eastoke and without the ability to park there we will not be able to visit the shops, cafe's or business in this area or use the cash point when we overnight at Hayling. This will mean we spend less money on the island and probably will visit less as well, particularly in the Winter.
No doubt drivers of other vehicles will have objections to large vehicles taking up the space and, possibly, the Eastoke car park will be able to accommodate more customers for the shops &c after the changes.
The point is that all local authority parking teams have to try to strike a balance between conflicting requirements of their customers. It's worth remembering that the original overnighting arrangement, as well as the proposed change, only came about because of abuse by some motorhomers. Havant council could have decided on a complete ban but they didn't, they tried to find a reasonable compromise. Like all compromises it won't suit everyone but better, in my view, than a complete ban.

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Just to make it clear. There is a network of around 5 or more large gravel car parks that stretch along the length of Hayling Seafront. It is currently allowed to park in any of them in a motorhome up to 3500kg until 10pm, after which time the only motorhome parking is at the West Beach car park for an overnight payment of £15.

This proposal not only introduces a dedicated motorhome car park for overnight stops. But it restricts motorhome parking IN ALL OTHER SEAFRONT CARPARKS. Note that the seafront covers a distance of approx 3.5 miles and the largest area (Eastoke) with shops Cafe's and takeaways is about a mile and a half away from the proposed motorhome parking area.

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
No doubt drivers of other vehicles will have objections to large vehicles taking up the space and, possibly, the Eastoke car park will be able to accommodate more customers for the shops &c after the changes.
The point is that all local authority parking teams have to try to strike a balance between conflicting requirements of their customers. It's worth remembering that the original overnighting arrangement, as well as the proposed change, only came about because of abuse by some motorhomers. Havant council could have decided on a complete ban but they didn't, they tried to find a reasonable compromise. Like all compromises it won't suit everyone but better, in my view, than a complete ban.

Yes - I can live with the changes, but given the ability to comment and object I have done. As to large vehicles taking up spaces. When I park down in Eastoke I am often the only motorhome there. The car park is large, there are no marked bays and we have never seen it full.

I guess it depends on what they are trying to achieve with the changes.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I guess it depends on what they are trying to achieve with the changes.
They give the reason in the Notice:
This change is proposed to improve the safety of users of the beach car parking area by formalising the motorhome parking to a designated area and allowing larger parking bays to accommodate the motorhomes. It will also enable more effective monitoring and enforcement of motorhomes by permitting them to park only in a designated area. Motorhome parking in all other Beachland Car Parks will be prohibited.

OP
OP
Petest

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
It is discriminating against motorhome owners and restricting our rights.

Quick - best get it before the European Court

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
No human right to motorhome parking as far as I am aware.

But free expression I believe is on the list. It only seems fair to let them know how I feel. Especially as they asked so nicely. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back