Anyone advise on finding a new door for a B564? (1 Viewer)

Denizen

Free Member
Sep 10, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Upper class
Exp
Um?
Hello people,

I am desperately seeking a new habitation door for a 1994/5 Hymer B564 - the split/stable type. Hymer are no longer making them and have no old stock. I have hunted through the breakers and found nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find one, or even get one fabricated? All ideas welcome.

OP
OP
Denizen

Denizen

Free Member
Sep 10, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Upper class
Exp
Um?
When I said all ideas welcome, what I should have said is all SENSIBLE ideas welcome :winky:

Last edited:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Wots wrong with the old door? can't it be repaired?

Boo

OP
OP
Denizen

Denizen

Free Member
Sep 10, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Upper class
Exp
Um?
>> Boo

No it can't - at least not by anyone I've spoken to. The metal rim which holds the plastic panels in place is split and deformed. The original hinges are broken and the new ones (from Hymer) are slightly different so the whole schemozzle hangs badly. Closing the door requires a god-almighty bang and opening it requires adroit levering and hammering. Frankly I am sick of the whole horrible mess....

>> johnnerontheroad

Thanks for the suggestion, I have emailed Rosie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Denizen

Denizen

Free Member
Sep 10, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Upper class
Exp
Um?
>> Brian

Indeed. Unfortunately, 42 is not the answer. You might gain considerable advantage by contemplating the number 23 and, of course, the law of 5.

Why does your avatar image show you strapped into a pushchair?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Where are you I wonder. I would not be averse to trying to rebuild your existing door. I have workshop facilities in Devon. Weekend parking etc could be arranged.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Why does your avatar image show you strapped into a pushchair?

It was a push chair I loved a lot. Some of my fondest memories were in that push chair.

More important it shows me. I really do not understand why people put weird pictures up, that, in some way is supposed to represent them. Not only you. Yours does match "I am NOT a funster. More of a miserable old sod." but some others fail to convey anything positive to me, some are well into "they've skipped their medication doctor".

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
It was a push chair I loved a lot. Some of my fondest memories were in that push chair.

More important it shows me. I really do not understand why people put weird pictures up, that, in some way is supposed to represent them. Not only you. Yours does match "I am NOT a funster. More of a miserable old sod." but some others fail to convey anything positive to me, some are well into "they've skipped their medication doctor".

Ahh, but you need a sensible sig line to go with it Brian. & why are you Hill Dweller rather than your name ? Obviously not bothered about online privacy ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ahh, but you need a sensible sig line to go with it Brian. & why are you Hill Dweller rather than your name ? Obviously not bothered about online privacy ::bigsmile:

Because I live on a hill.

It's a nod towards on-line security, someone who lives on a hill in South Manchester, called Brian is not that easy to track down when I declare I'm off to Europe for a few weeks.

This forum is open to *anyone* remember. I have no problems giving full name and address face to face.

Your avatar is humorous and qualified by your sig, so you don't fall into the "forgotten to take the medication" category IMHO. But having said that I recall seeing Midnight Cowboy and it left me depressed and on medication for nearly 14 years. I still get flashbacks. John Barry's theme tune was great.

OP
OP
Denizen

Denizen

Free Member
Sep 10, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Upper class
Exp
Um?
>> Wildman

Interesting idea if we could tie it into a trip to Devon. We are in Oxford. Could you PM me with an email address and we can make some arrangements.

>> Brian (the man that lives on a hill)

The reason I don't use a photo is because people would recognise me. But in order to be more annoying, I have changed my avatar to something which fails to convey anything positive. 23. And I've skipped my medication again.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
But in order to be more annoying,

>> The reason I don't use a photo is because people would recognise me.

Oh, I just learn to live with it.

>> I have changed my avatar to something which fails to convey anything positive.

Nice tits.

Johnnie Gee

Free Member
May 1, 2009
Near Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Knackered door

Hi, Best to have a word with Peter Hambilton at Hambilton Engineering in Preston.
I visited his workshop earlier this year and was very impressed with what I saw.:thumb:
He makes Hymers look like new again. His Phone Number is 01772 315078.

I'm sure he will be able to help,

Best of luck

JJG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back