Mar 29, 2015
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
hi all

We are traveling to France in 3 weeks for the euros! This is our first trip outside the uk and it's very exciting as well as a bit nerve wracking!! Anyway first game is in Marseille I've read on here it's not advised to stay in that area and we really want to see cassis anyway so just looking for any recommendation of sites that would give us easy access to Marseille and cassis?? Also any recommendations for somewhere to stay halfway between Calais and Marseille?? Your expert advise would be very much appreciated:mnythnks:

OP
OP
Tinty
Mar 29, 2015
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
One more question any ideas of a site near the tunnel to stay before we travel to France?? Thanks in advance x

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If these Euros are anything like the World Cup in Germany in 2006, I wouldn't worry about campsites.

There were hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of fans in motorhomes following Engerland all over Germany and parking places were organised for us near each venue.

It was, without doubt, my best ever three weeks on the road in my van ever. Shame about the English team though!

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
hi all

We are traveling to France in 3 weeks for the euros! This is our first trip outside the uk and it's very exciting as well as a bit nerve wracking!! Anyway first game is in Marseille I've read on here it's not advised to stay in that area and we really want to see cassis anyway so just looking for any recommendation of sites that would give us easy access to Marseille and cassis?? Also any recommendations for somewhere to stay halfway between Calais and Marseille?? Your expert advise would be very much appreciated:mnythnks:
Black horse farm
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/carava...n-sites-and-parks/SiteDetails.aspx?csid=21824

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We stayed in Camping Les Cigale. Bus stops outside for a 5 min journey into Cassis. Did the Calanques, outstanding ! Site was large and pretty level, good pitches. Good access to Marseille too, altho for Marseille we stayed at Camping du Garlabon, Aubagne, pitch was very bumpy, as were all the rest. We then drove into Marseilles and said sod it, let's just pay parking. Cost 30 odd euros for 5 hours but to be honest, it was money well spent.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back