dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
looking at the camos dish can anyone help please ,will the d226 model work in france and spain. road pro recommended the d2260 but its nearly £200 more.:Doh: thanks

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
looking at the camos dish can anyone help please ,will the d226 model work in france and spain. road pro recommended the d2260 but its nearly £200 more.:Doh: thanks

This is one of those occaisions where size does matter. The bigger the dish the better.
The further south and east you go the bigger the dish you will need.
A good example is the Costa Blanca where in some parts a minimum of a 2.4m dish is needed to get BBC and ITV and then it's not guaranteed.
In Northern France, Germany etc a standard sky dish works well but in Southern France and Spain a much bigger dish is required.

Pete:Cool:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Dont know about model No.s. We have camos 40cm Dome. On our last trip it worked with all the normal channels in every part of France (as far east and south as St Tropez), southern Germany, Switzerland, Northern ITaly. I think its a small dish but more precise than bigger dishes. It will of course work all over Europe but you have to flick a switch to tune in to one of the other 6 or 7 satellites it can access if your say in Greece or southern Spain. You will not of course get all the bbc1 itv stuff then but plenty of other english channels. One good thing though is when all the MH's with the traditional dishes have to take them down when there is a strong breeze the camos will work in any conditions! Easy to move if you change vans as well. Recommended!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
Camos

Hi, Just to add my observations,

I have had a 40cm for about 3 years and the only draw back I have found is that in torrential rain you get a waterfall affect, which tends to mask the picture, apart from that I have had no problems. In fact as mentioned in one of the other posts it seems to be more precise especialy when trying to find gaps in trees.

Brian

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Brian

We found that on the extremes of the range it would break up in bad weather as all dishes will but if we are in the UK or say the middle of France it doesnt make any difference if it rains heavy. I was talking to I think Andy from RoadPro on here and he offered to tune in the LNB (sorry if I have this fact wrong) apparantly they are sometimes not quite right and have to be callabrated or something. It may be worth having a word with him or your dealer as Im pretty sure it shouldnt do that. Im no expert so dont take my word for it though.

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
thank you all its the crank up i am thinking about .
understand that the one for spain is D 2260 .
the other D2262

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007

Try looking at this site which is a speciality site for sattellite for motorhomes/caravans Link Removed or is it .com however it speaks in laymans terms no bamboozling technobabble it explains all about the ins and outs of sattellites

DeeGee7

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Try looking at this site which is a speciality site for sattellite for motorhomes/caravans Link Removed or is it .com however it speaks in laymans terms no bamboozling technobabble it explains all about the ins and outs of sattellites

Hi Mondo,

the link should be: www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk took me ages to figure out why I couldn't connect.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back