Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Carmarthen
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
I'm a newbie
I need need a new pump fitted to my old girl she is a fiat ducato...I have no idea about motorhomes and took on this project when I had some help...alas I am alone and want to get my old girl that I have Fallen in love with out there and on the road ...does anyone on here know of good engines and mechanics in the carmarthenshire area...I'm in a pickle and need some help...

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I need need a new pump fitted to my old girl she is a fiat ducato...I have no idea about motorhomes and took on this project when I had some help...alas I am alone and want to get my old girl that I have Fallen in love with out there and on the road ...does anyone on here know of good engines and mechanics in the carmarthenshire area...I'm in a pickle and need some help...
Is your pump in the water tank?? If so, it's a sinch. Unscrew the big cap on top, (the one with all the pipes and wires going through it), lift the pump clear, release it from the pipe, uncouple the electric plug, and fit a replacement. 10 mins of a job. And the pumps are cheap. (y)

OP
OP
Dawn no idea!

Dawn no idea!

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Carmarthen
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes it is have a new pump on order..thankyou...it doesn't look that easy..I will not be beaten ☺

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yes it is have a new pump on order..thankyou...it doesn't look that easy..I will not be beaten ☺
Describe it to me. The pump should look like this.........(or very close).

pump1.jpeg

OP
OP
Dawn no idea!

Dawn no idea!

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Carmarthen
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well I've not seen the pump...hmmmm my ex took the old one out and the van is my project and he has ordered me a new one...it's arriving in the post tomorrow..I'm just wondering do I take it to a garage to fix or do I get a plumber...I'm bloody clueless but determined

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well I've not seen the pump...hmmmm my ex took the old one out and the van is my project and he has ordered me a new one...it's arriving in the post tomorrow..I'm just wondering do I take it to a garage to fix or do I get a plumber...I'm bloody clueless but determined
Dont you know a local chap who could screw............Er...........Dont you know a local chap with either a caravan or MH who could unscrew the cap and fit it for you??? Really, it is SO easy.......:)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I never ever realised I would useful with a tool.
Funny, that's what my dad said about me. :) No problems, you will probably only need a simple screwdriver, oh, and a fully integrated Snap On 242 piece professional socket set, which I'm sure you must already have. (y)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Funny, that's what my dad said about me. :) No problems, you will probably only need a simple screwdriver, oh, and a fully integrated Snap On 242 piece professional socket set, which I'm sure you must already have. (y)
Can never have too many tools:)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My husband has a magnificent set of tools. The lady next door told me. I have nothing to compare them with so will take her words for it - I thought all men came with similar equipment.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I read this as meaning an engine water pump.. That's not an easy job but the water pump for the hab area is really easy.. Good luck and if Toots doesn't get you sorted come back and we will all take the mick out of him help you out

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
My husband has a magnificent set of tools. The lady next door told me. I have nothing to compare them with so will take her words for it - I thought all men came with similar equipment.
Oh no........It all depends what a man is handy at that dictates his equipment. (y) For instance, a man may be a natural plumber, willing and able to fit a ball-cock into the tightest of cisterns. :) In that case, he will posses a large adjustable wrench, a full range of grips, and possibly a pipe wiper for afterwards. (y)
Or a mechanic, with a large capacity jack, and a reamer, plus a large tin of high melting point grease. (y)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Oh no........It all depends what a man is handy at that dictates his equipment. (y) For instance, a man may be a natural plumber, willing and able to fit a ball-cock into the tightest of cisterns. :) In that case, he will posses a large adjustable wrench, a full range of grips, and possibly a pipe wiper for afterwards. (y)
Or a mechanic, with a large capacity jack, and a reamer, plus a large tin of high melting point grease. (y)
Above alone is worth the £15 toots:rofl:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

Yes to all the above in Martin's case plus electricians' kit, carpenters' stuff (not the duo) and probably all sorts of other stuff he hasn't told me about. My Dad was the same and was Father-in-Law so you can see why I though ALL men were born fully equipped.

Sorry we have hi-jacked the thread. The domestic water pumps I have changed have been in the house and reasonably easy to change. Not done one on the van but can't see that they would be any more difficult except that the access might be a pain. A water pump on the engine side I would leave to a vehicle expert :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Above alone is worth the £15 toots:rofl:
Hang on GH, we haven't even covered the home decorator with the steam powered stripper, the the carpenter with his many vices, nor the the brickie who enjoys laying.........(y)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016

Hi, We are just south of Carmarthen & can probably help if need be ?

Let us know. (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
When Martin was between jobs he worked as an odd-job man for a while - many a time I had women phone me and say "When I was in the shower with yours husband" and "hen your husband was sorting out my bedroom problem" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
When Martin was between jobs he worked as an odd-job man for a while - many a time I had women phone me and say "When I was in the shower with yours husband" and "hen your husband was sorting out my bedroom problem" :rofl::rofl::rofl:
You know, it really helps to have an understanding wife. :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I read this as meaning an engine water pump.. That's not an easy job but the water pump for the hab area is really easy.. Good luck and if Toots doesn't get you sorted come back and we will all take the mick out of him help you out
The lady DID confirm that it was her TANK pump.........I mean, why would your ex run off with an old engine pump, before the new one arrived?? :Eeek:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
He's out picking up a man to bring home this evening. (from the train - well that's what he told me anyway)
:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

I can catch the 11.30 from Preston if your that keen.........:eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back