Morecambe Festival Meet - Fantastic. (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I don't believe this.....

Hot sun.
Light wind.
View to die for.
Beautiful pitch.

Well Bryan & Co THANK YOU.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

Hot sun.
Light wind.
View to die for.
Beautiful pitch.

Brian,
In the morning I would like you to get out and use your skills to get something to keep the sun there maybe a lasoe or something.

see you Saturday :thumb:
ps is the sea far?

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian,
In the morning I would like you to get out and use your skills to get something to keep the sun there maybe a lasoe or something.

see you Saturday :thumb:
ps is the sea far?

Seeing as it's you, I'll organise this.

How far do you want it ? >.< far, or
>............................................................................< far ?

Best ask some passing Chinese gentleman when you are here.

It's gets better. Done Morecambe now, there are some really nice touches on the sea front. Definitely got to have a drink in the Midland. We've said hello to Eric.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Morecambe Festival Meet - Here We Are!

Well we are all here (except for Patrick) and I've got to say...the weather is GLORIOUS ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Most of the funsters are in Morecambe itself enjoying the 'Festival of the seaside' (and a little shopping I suspect :ROFLMAO:) and looking forward to the barbecue tonight.

We've watched some beautiful sunsets over Morecambe bay and we've even had a flypast by the International Space Station as well :roflmto:

Pitches are hard and level and we have fantastic views over the bay towards the lake district.

Anyway, gotta go now - beers getting warm :RollEyes:

Bryan

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds really nice :Smile:would have loved to be able to get there, maybe next year:Cool: Have fun:thumb:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Another glorious morning looking out into the bay, just about to take the dog onto the marshes for a run around, then back for Suzy's famous bacon sandwiches,

Oh i do like to be beside the seaside
Oh i do like to be beside the seaside :thumb::thumb::thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well we came home late last night after turning up in te car for the day along with blisters. Just to say a massive thankyou for the reception, the numerous offers of beds for the night in vans and houses and even Eddie the scouser (family guys) offer to open up a static for us :ROFLMAO:Thanks to Suzy for a terrific BBQ feast, it was ggggreeaaatt.

SO thanks guys and ggod luck with the rest of the meet.

Nov 21, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A class
Exp
since 2007
Hi Guys,

Big thanks to Suzy & Bryan for organizing this meet and looking after us all so well. We had a good time and made loads of new frainds as well as catching up with some old oFriday night's Friday night's sunset the most spectacular I've seen this side of Africa.
Once again thanks a mill' and let's do it again soon.
Yoolie

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Beyond the call of duty....

Hot sun.
Light wind.
View to die for.
Beautiful pitch.

And it got better and better.

Morecambe turned out to be really nice. They've spent a lot of money on the sea front with loads of nice touches, like bird sculptures, puzzles in the pavement, huge model of the surrounding hills. The Midland Hotel was well worth a visit, not cheap but one of the best smoked salmon sandwiches ever.

And most import of all, the welcome laid on by Suzy and Bryan. They didn't have to go to those lengths, setting up the meet was enough, but they laid on a great spread for us all of which was devoured as if a herd of locusts had come to town.

So big thanks to Suzy and Brian.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
This meet was simply fantastic, Suzy and Bryan laid on everything even great weather :sin: and to top that the space station passing over each night:coolthumb: and sunsets to die for:clap:

I've had a ball and staying on till Wednesday.

Site is great and very nice wardens.

Bryan and Suzy your stars:thanks2:

Nice to meet up with such super funsters to :yeah:

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
Quite suprising isnt it, you are right they have spent a lot of money on the front and personally with the views added it is much nicer, cleaner and more family friendly than blackpool, just sorry I missed you as we were at Gibraltar farm in silverdale (which is worth a visit by itself by the way!) couldnt leave the barbie and cute pinot grigo that was organised, glad you enjoyed it though, until last year we had a caravan at Heysham so we know the area quite well.:thumb:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Morcambe-in-the-Sun

And so it was - a brilliant weekend, the best we have ever had. Bryan and Suzy did us proud, even down to bar-b-que and a fantastic slapup breakfast. The friendship of everyone was unique, especially the loathness to leave the party when the temperature plunged and some wrapped in blankets to stay put. The Gray Warior made her final meet one to remember with the weather glorious and the company the same.
We have decided to change our name from Vulcan 558. After much discussion over Sunday breakfast it was unanimously decided our new name should be JAG (Jean and Graham).
See you all at Cotton Arms for New Year.
Graham & Jean
PS. When did you say the Memorial Fly Past is Bryan? We left at 2pm so missed it as it was late.

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
what can i say what a laugh brian and Suzy done every one proud good company good food good weather fantastic site meet up with friends old and new ,something for every one to do adults kids dogs all entertained paul and Nicki turned up in their new bling machine (luv it) took new pup with us as well as jake she was a hit loving all the attention enjoyed the weekend so much took sunday night off to stay had a late bbq with patrick and co all in fantastic weekend a big thank you to brian and suzy how you going to top this one paul(hagnap) oct/nov meet:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
And a few snaps to record the event.

Link Removed

Great pictures you've capture my slim belly wonderfully:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Waved goodbye to Patrick this morning what a great funster he is:thumb:

Last edited:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Have to agree what a brill meet,

Thanks to Suzy and Brian for all there hard work in making it so enjoyable :thumb::thumb:

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
trust me not to have noticed there was a thread going about the meet, even Eddie managed to notice this he he!

As said in our own thread, A massive thank you to Brian & Suzi for a trully great weekend, wish we could have got there on Friday night and got to see the great sun-set. as hostes these two should be in the good food guide!

thank's to every body for making Jan feel so comfy being her first meet, she thought everyone was so nice, her comment......what a great group of people!!!!!

it was great that paul, nikki blisters and family could make it even though it was only for the saturday.

were both looking forward to new years meet, Jan can't wait for the next get-together!

thanks for a great weekend to everyone, friends old and new!

patrick & Jan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back