Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Hi Funsters,

I hope nobody is booked on the Pont Avon to Santander this week, it's broken down with proppeller shalf problems . Currently in dock at Brest.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
If you go to Twitter for Brittany Ferries you will see that there is no alternative at the moment as the Cap Finisterre is fully booked. If anyone is booked on the Pont Aven I would suggest they contact BF to see what arrangements (if any) are being made.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Surely they will use another boat . I don't suppose there is any need for people to worry !

I don't think they actually have another boat and there are no crossings on the Pont Aven timetable at the moment.

I think from the postings I've seen on here the best they are offering is to book people on to different routes.

Sep 29, 2013
Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
PONT A BACK IN SERVICE 26/5/16 I AM SAILING OUT 31/5/16 HOPEFULLY WILL BE OK BY THEN. LOTS OF UNHAPPY PEOPLE DRIVING THROUGH FRANCE NOW WHEN THEY SHOULD BE HAVING A NICE TIME GOING TO SPAIN:(

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Back in Feb our UK to Spain crossing in the Pont Avon booked the previous year was suddenly cancelled text followed by email as the Pont Avon was in Poland having a £60,000,000 refit, phoned Brittany Ferried who managed to re-book us on the Cap Finisterre same date but later. :)(y) However a few days before that date received further text and email saying that crossing due to bad weather in the Bay of Biscay was cancelled :(.

Got compensation for the first cancellation (y) but nothing for the second no doubt the weather is a good get out clause?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
If you go to Twitter for Brittany Ferries you will see that there is no alternative at the moment as the Cap Finisterre is fully booked. If anyone is booked on the Pont Aven I would suggest they contact BF to see what arrangements (if any) are being made.

A representative from Brittany Ferries was interviewed on BBC Radio Cornwall last week. He said that if anyone booked on the Santander crossing chose to take the Plymouth to Brittany crossing, the company would make compensation, including reimbursement for fuel used to make the trip from Brittany to Santander.
Stef.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
A representative from Brittany Ferries was interviewed on BBC Radio Cornwall last week. He said that if anyone booked on the Santander crossing chose to take the Plymouth to Brittany crossing, the company would make compensation, including reimbursement for fuel used to make the trip from Brittany to Santander.
Stef.

Sorry guys, a typo. For Brittany please read Roscoff.
Stef.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back