Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just an honest poll

So you recommend someone... Or several folk to fun. Would you like to see £1 go towards a charity. I would...Is that me just being a typical scot or what!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Great idea but I'm not sure how it would work in practice. :)

And which charity?

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Great idea but I'm not sure how it would work in practice. :)

And which charity?
Any... Just in principle if you have got someone to subscribe by flyer, word of mouth, whatever...surely more than one can benefit? Jims on a win win so cant a charity benefit too?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I know I have told quite a few people about FUN. Including the people who were pitched next to us at Combe Martin. They had just bought an older van (suffix "Y" on the registration plate) which they knew nothing about and had a lot of questions.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I know I have told quite a few people about FUN. Including the people who were pitched next to us at Combe Martin. They had just bought an older van (suffix "Y" on the registration plate) which they knew nothing about and had a lot of questions.
And your thoughts are,,,speak your mind :LOL:

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Sounds like it could get confusing. Maybe when we recommend peeps to fun and they seem full of thanks and are pleased, we can say, 'if that's helpful, would love if you would pop a pound into whatever charity you want'. That way if they do they do, if they don't they don't. No-one has to have a headache :)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Charity is a personal thing, I don't think it should be mixed with business. It's hard enough getting people past 5 posts already :LOL:
And who gets them past the 5 posts...."Whatever":whistle:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I think the op meant that Jim donates £1 to charity for every new Funster recomended by one of us ,a kind of finders fee that a charity benefits from.
I think its a good idea .

Vlad

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Charity is a personal thing, I don't think it should be mixed with business. It's hard enough getting people past 5 posts already :LOL:

I'm pretty sure Jim already gives generously of his own accord (y)

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I think it would just lead to unessasry complications, and to be honest I think Jim has enough to think about with Katie poorly and Sàin just out of hospital.
I am sure we all have our own personal charities that we donate to and Fun has has a charity each year that is supported. Just my thoughts.:)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I am happy with paying the £15 that covers Jim's costs and would be unhappy paying 16 so that £1 could go to charity some of the time.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I think it would just lead to unessasry complications, and to be honest I think Jim has enough to think about with Katie poorly and Sàin just out of hospital.
I am sure we all have our own personal charities that we donate to and Fun has has a charity each year that is supported. Just my thoughts.:)
I agree but that wasnt the general thing I was thinking of. its not 24/7 Jims circumstances , maybe right now but not normally. £1 to a charity whichever one wouldnt go amiss if a subscriber did so on a recommendation. Win win is it not?

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Well sorry... everyone... Ive got to disagree. Im not saying a certain charity...just A charity rather than just @Jim

If you make the effort to try and recruit AND succeed then a £1 donation shouldnt go amiss.,,ugh woof woof tree. Straws say no more.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
£1 is not worth the effort to administer. Theres nothing to stop you paying their pound if you'll feel better for it (y)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
£1 is not worth the effort to administer. Theres nothing to stop you paying their pound if you'll feel better for it (y)
Your having a laf...or missing the point . ..or...ugh forget it!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Your having a laf...or missing the point . ..or...ugh forget it!
You asked for honest opinions Sandra, it's no good taking the huff because not everyone agrees with you.

Just an honest poll

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I am happy with paying the £15 that covers Jim's costs and would be unhappy paying 16 so that £1 could go to charity some of the time.

How do you know what Jim's costs are ?
I'm no expert but they must be fixed in the sense that there will be web fees ,fixed costs from shows, insurance ,wages for himself and staff
Were we all to bring 3,4 5 or even more more members his costs would be the same but profit more .It doesn't take a genius to work that out ,nothing hard, complicated or confusing about it.
Many clubs or forums reward members by bringing new blood on board ,why not benefit a charity.
And the more the merrier ,win win for us as a group,for Jim in fees and a pound to charity whats wrong with that ?
How hard would it be to send a pound of every joining fee electronically in this day and age?

Vlad

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
How many posts are there on the forum where a member has said they joined because of ...............??
Who joined because of you Vlad?

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I'm not...Hey it would take a he'll of a lot more than the likes of your comments for me to take the huff...I'm thick skinned. Just don't get why...For example I could go around a festival sticking a MH FUN flyer in each window...recruit whatever amount of newbies ...why shouldn't it be a win win? I'm not asking for it to be my percentage but it's maybe new recruits that might not have been so...isn't £14 to him and £1 to charity not fair?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just an honest poll

So you recommend someone... Or several folk to fun. Would you like to see £1 go towards a charity. I would...Is that me just being a typical scot or what!
Yes, typical Scott.

I think you should donate £2 at least for everyone you introduce.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'm not...Hey it would take a he'll of a lot more than the likes of your comments for me to take the huff...I'm thick skinned. Just don't get why...For example I could go around a festival sticking a MH FUN flyer in each window...recruit whatever amount of newbies ...why shouldn't it be a win win? I'm not asking for it to be my percentage but it's maybe new recruits that might not have been so...isn't £14 to him and £1 to charity not fair?
So who have you recruited and what evidence?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I would not recommend that someone joins a club and then goes on to pay a pound into the over inflated pocket of a national charity boss...

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We advertised in York but not sure if we recruited!!
image.jpg

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I know for a fact that as a direct result of me speaking to people, they have joined Fun.
I recommend it, as it's got so much to offer members.
As previously said, charity giving is personal, and sometimes private thing, and then you would have a problem as to which charity.
Jim already donates to various causes as a private individual.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
How do you know what Jim's costs are ?
I'm no expert but they must be fixed in the sense that there will be web fees ,fixed costs from shows, insurance ,wages for himself and staff
Were we all to bring 3,4 5 or even more more members his costs would be the same but profit more .It doesn't take a genius to work that out ,nothing hard, complicated or confusing about it.
Many clubs or forums reward members by bringing new blood on board ,why not benefit a charity.
And the more the merrier ,win win for us as a group,for Jim in fees and a pound to charity whats wrong with that ?
How hard would it be to send a pound of every joining fee electronically in this day and age?

Vlad
I know how much work is involved in building, running and maintaining a forum. I can see how much work Jim does on the site every day and I work with hosting all day every day (as part of the service I offer to my customers) and have a very good knowledge of the likely costs. I don't need or want to see audited books to know that £15 a year for paying members is not a lot and is exceptional value for money. If I'm going to add £1 a year to my fixed costs for benefit of a charity I would rather do that by a different method than the one suggested is all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back